~Prologue~

Gunshots fired around you, occasionally piercing your crate. You clutched the small child close to you, body covering them from any possible gun shot. Today you were supposed to meet a new master with this child. You hadn't known him for long, one or two months, but you wanted to protect him. He was new to this trafficking thing, so this would be his first master, unlike you who had already been sent back by three masters.

Frisk didn't seem to be scared but you still protected him from the outside danger. He seemed to trust you with this. You knew only little about him. He'd been taken from the woods. His family was camping and he got snagged away. He had violent outburst at random, but you'd already become accustom to them and knew how to control them. You were thick-skinned. That's why you were paired with him.

He shuddered and covered his ears, pulling closer to you. Occasionally you heard the cry that meant someone made contact with a fresh bullet. Quietly you hoped it was your handlers getting shot, but who did that leave to take over your care. You were the only humans in this shipment. Maybe the attackers wouldn't even find you and you'd have to kick your way out.

You pushed away the thoughts and waited for the shots to quiet. After half an hour more of cries and shots, the guns fell silent and left only hushed speaking. Crates began to groan as people wedged crowbars into them. You shrank into the farthest corner as you saw one poke through the face of your own crate. The chatting outside of it was too muffled to understand.

To side came off with a groan and revealed two monsters outside. Both you and Frisk were silent as the monsters cleared away the hay bedding and laid their eyes on you. One of the monsters was a short skeleton, a fedora on his head as he tucking a gun into his waistband. He wore a long sleeved, collared shirt under a neat black vest. Behind him stood a taller skeleton in similar wear, except he wore a tie and a red scarf.

"Wow, what've we got here?" The short one asked.

Frisk wiggled away from you and sent you a nervous looked. You turned your gaze to the two skeletons. Your voice was hoarse but you made it as clear as possible.

"What do you plan on doing with us?" You croaked, lack of water making your lips break.

The taller skeleton took a few steps closer and leaned down so he was on eye level with you and Frisk. "Don't worry! The other monsters are gone so only me and Sans are here. We won't hurt you."

Frisk moved closer and you struggled not to reach out for him. You didn't want to provoke the monsters. The smaller skeleton reached out towards Frisk's tags and looked at them.

"Dog tags huh? I think I'll call you Lil' Pup."

Frisk seemed happy with the nickname and you inched closer to him, getting closer to the opening. The small skeleton reached towards you but you yanked back. Your dry throat silenced your words but you still held Frisk close. You turned your gaze to the friendlier skeleton and lifted Frisk. You offered the small child to him to hold.

He took Frisk gently and held him as you inched out of the box. You stood on your thin legs and took Frisk from the taller skeleton. Frisk tugged on your rags you called clothes and signed to you.

'We don't have anywhere to go.'

"Then why don't you stay with us humans?"

You looked up at the tall skeleton and raised a brow. "You understand sign language?"

He nodded and offered his hand. "I haven't introduced myself yet. I am the Great Papyrus, and this is my brother Sans. We truly mean no harm. We can help you."

You wanted to decline but you knew that you needed their help, especially with Frisk. You didn't want to be a begger with him if you had an opportunity to give him a better future. You nodded and looked up at the skeleton, a smile pasted to your face. He grinned and looked at his brother.

"Will you let me keep them please?! I want to help the humans!"

Your heart skipped a beat when it occurred to you that shorty had the ability to veto the option. Both Frisk and you looked at him hopefully and he chuckled. "Yeah, fine."

Papyrus grinned childishly and put a hand on your shoulder. Sans put a hand on your other shoulder and you flinched away, not familiar with so much gentle touching. He smirked and you felt yourself grow weightless as your vision turned black.