Chapter 5

Your eyes opened slowly and a yawn echoed in your throat. Gentle light filled the room and Frisk's spot on the bed had been abandoned. The savory scent of bacon and sausage filled the air, mixing with the sweeter scents of pancakes. You couldn't help but smile, satisfied by the familiar wakeup. Dragging yourself from the rocking chair, you glanced in the mirror and patted your hair into something somewhat presentable. For a moment you looked at your wound, but quickly covered it with your hat.

After fixing your outfit, you opened the door and trudged down the stairs, floating on the scent of breakfast. As you entered the kitchen, you were greeted to the sight of your three roommates. Papyrus was humming as he worked with a frying pan and Frisk sat at the table, playing with silverware as Sans read a newspaper.

Frisk caught sight of you and smiled, launching up from his seat. "Good morning (Y/N)! You're finally up!"

You nodded then smiled. "Yep, I actually slept last night."

"I bet that's the most sleep you've ever had peacefully."

Chuckling, you shrugged. "Maybe. How'd you sleep?"

"No nightmares." He said happily.

You ruffled his hair. "Well that's good."

He wrapped his arms around you in a hug and you winced slightly, your rib not taking the contact too well. You covered it up with a laugh, which actually made it hurt worse. Covering up broken bones was such a pain.

You caught Sans' eyes on you and your smile fell slightly. He nodded slightly and you relaxed viseably. You took a seat and looked up at Papyrus. "Morning Paps."

"Good morning Kitten! I hope you are prepared for the best breakfast ever!"

Snickering, you sat back in your seat. "Sure. I'll always be ready."

"NYEH heh heh!"

Frisk giggled and you smiled. Your eyes wondered around the kitchen as Frisk messed with his silverware and Papyrus cooked. As you glanced to the side, your eyes met with that of Sans and you jumped slightly.

"Um, is there something you need?" You asked sheepishly.

Sans flushed slightly and returned his gaze to the paper, which he then folded up. "Sorry, just looking." He said.

Raising his head, the usual smile returned to his face. "Papyrus made a list for the grocery run. We'll be at work so you probably won't hear from us till the later hours."

"Okay. Mind telling me what 'work' is?" You asked.

He winked with a sly grin. "Sorry Kitten, that's classified."

You rolled your eyes and looked back at Frisk. "By the way, if you haven't picked up on it yet, we're going to the store today."

Frisk gave you the thumbs up and you returned the gesture. Sizzling bacon fell before you and you squeaked. How is it you didn't notice the giant skeleton holding a frying pan walk up in front of you?

He dumped the treat on to a plate and placed two other plates. One was sausage and eggs, the other a tall stack of pancakes. Frisk immediately dove in, fitting as much as he could on his plate. You snickered and put a pancake on your own plate, accompanied by a few pieces of bacon and a few sausage links. You ate slowly, watching as Frisk horked more and more food.

"You're gonna get sick." You chimed, biting into a piece of sausage.

Frisk just grunted in response, too busy stuffing his face to use English. Sans seemed amused by this and Papyrus was overjoyed. "Wow human! You really do like my cooking don't you?!"