Chapter 2

Frisk was practicing scales when the three monsters returned. Sans and Papyrus both looked wary, differing greatly from Toriel's look of satisfaction. She reentered the room and looked at you and Frisk, a smile spreading over her fair face. "Ah! I thought I was hearing the sweet melody of a piano." She approached you and grabbed the wrist of both you and Frisk.

Panicking slightly, you froze. "Uh, no offense, you seem very kind, but I thought-"

Toriel looked back and laughed. "Oh don't worry my child! I am merely taking you and Frisk out for the day. Sans and Papyrus informed me as to your prior situation. We agreed that they'd stay to make the house a bit more, homey. And they must adjust so that the weapons they hide are no accessible by Frisk. Meanwhile, I'm taking you and Frisk out for neccesites."

Frisk grinned and you stood abruptly. "Oh! Okay! I'll pay you back wh-"

She chortled again and laid a soft, paw - like hand on your shoulder. "Don't worry. This is my choice as a friend. I don't require you to pay me back. I no longer deal in buisness like that."

"A friend..." You said queitly.

Sour memories played in your mind but you brushed them away with minimal difficulty. "Okay! Let's go!" You chirped.

Frisk smiled happily and hopped off the bench. Grabbing a hand from both you and Toriel, he made a beeline for the door. Toriel looked at you him with affection and you relaxed slightly. This one seemed safe.

Toriel led the way as you exited the home, almost immediately meeting the road. You looked around you at the buildings and homes. Everything seemed to be doused in a mysterious tension, like a brawl could break out at any point. Frisk didn't seem to notice as he walked happily.

Every so often, Toriel would stop at a store and pick up up a few basics. She bought everything thing from deodorant to the monthly symbol of hell. (Your period ladies) You carried the the bag while Frisk walked ahead with Toriel.

Toriel led you for about thirty minutes before stopping at another house. This seemed more gentle than the others. It seemed to radiate warm, homey feelings. Toriel opened a white - picket gate and stepped aside, letting you through.

"Come in, I'll get you a snack and then we can get started." Toriel offered.

Frisk ran inside immediately and you giggled. Seeing his innocence still in tact made you feel hopeful. Maybe this would be good for him. Toriel closed the door behind you as you stepped in and turned to you and Frisk. Your eyes wondered around the home, finding a surplus of yellow. Yellow blooms decorated the home in an almost distasteful way. It however still seemed to be comforting. In the room to your left, you saw the living room. A cushy arm chair sat parallel to a small couch. A coffee table sat between them over a beige rug. The fireplace was flickering lightly, releasing almost no smoke, much be magical.

Toriel disappeared through a door within the room, emerging once again with two plates of what appeared to be pie. Frisk sat patiently as he handed him a plate. She handed you one as well and you sat at a small spruce table.

"Go ahead and eat while I search what I have. I believe I have some clothing you'll like." Toriel mused.

You nodded mutely and tore away a chunk of pie with your fork. Placing it on your tongue gently, you chewed gently, examine the taste. You always ate slowly and carefully, a trait you developed after years of mistreatment at your 'job.'

Sweet flavors erupted on your tongue and your eyes widened. This was one of the best things you'd ever tasted. Cinnamon was obvious among the taste, but you could taste another prominent flavour, butterscoth?! You hadn't had butterscotch since you were a child. A grin on your face, you took bite after bite until the pie was reduced to crumbs. You savored every bite and smiled.