Chapter 9

Your face flushed as you glared at the familiar faces of drunks that made a pass at you. "What're you guys doing here?" You asked, tone low and still.

"We've come to pay you back. You see, we don't take too well to being shown up. Especially by some weak little pansy of a girl who just happens to be in a bad mood and her skeleton boyfriend, who's in an even more pissy mood."

You blushed, lips pressed shut as your hands balled into fist. "Let's get one thing straight. Don't ever, and I mean ever call me weak. The things that's I'VE gone through just to fucking be alive right now would make pathetic monsters like you shit your panties. And don't underestimate me either, because I can drop your ass faster than you can blink."

The leader of them laughed obnoxiously as he met your gaze. "Bull. Shit. You're just a fragile little girl who's stuck in her childhood because daddy was a mean man, wasn't he?"

You stiffened. It wasn't true, but it still bothered you. He seemed pleased with your reaction as he cackled. "You gonna cry Little Miss Daddy Issues."

Sans stepped forward but you motioned for him to stop. Your body moved in rigid movement as your teeth beamed through a twisting grin. "Oh no, did I strike a cord?" He asked in a sarcastic tone.

His lackies laughed as you circled to the front, squaring against the leader. "Oh no," you gasped, feigning pain. "You've struck my weakness!" You cried, dramatically grasping your chest. "How could you have seen through my perfect disguise?!"

His face fell as you laughed. Your hand slipped into your pocket and you flipped a Swiss knife between your fingers. Your expression fell to a blank as you buried the tip of the blade towards him. A button fell as you sliced the thread. He paled and you continued.

"Oh, I'm sorry." You teased. "Did I surprise you? Daddy issues must be the go to for EVERY GIRL that just happens to be at a bar. Oh no! Look out, I might break down into violent tears and cling to you for comfort."

Suddenly, you swung your leg at his knees, hooking your foot and collapsing him to his knees. He cried out as his knee clicked in displacement. His lackies tried to rush you but you held the blade at his neck.

You eyes remained on him as you lowered your mouth to his ear. "Sorry big fella, but you were wrong. I don't have daddy issues. In fact, I didn't have a daddy at all. Or a mommy. Or a friend or a sibling or a guardian. Do you want to know what I had? I had myself. The vague memories I do have are too faded to make sense of. Having parents at all, ha! What a joke..."

You removed the knife and planted a shoe in the middle of his face, kicking him back into his buddies and away so he could see the venom in your eyes. He seemed to trembled as you looked at him. "How about a deal?" You cooed, squatting down before him. "You don't show your ugly, ass of a face to me ever again, and I won't shove a dildo so far up your ass you can feel it in your throat, okay?"

He shook his head mutely and stood shakily, pushing his friends ahead of him. "L-Lets go." He ordered.

"But boss! What about markin-"

"Forget marking! That bitch is crazy!"

You smiled and waved as they scrambled away, leaving you and Sans alone once again. He seemed impressed by you as you returned, sorting the laundry in quiet.

"You handled that well." He said. "Experience?"

"Sorta. More adaption than anything." You said quietly as you started the last load. You leaned against the machine. "Adapting will always be better than any experience."

He chuckled. "Clearly so. You managed to scatter them without dealing a single blow."

"Sorta." You snickered. "His knee is gonna hurt like hell once the adrenaline wears off."