Chapter 18 (Original)

Last chapter!!! X3X3X3
_______________________________________
"Sans you have to move on. You can't keep dwelling on false hope." Asgore said quietly, a large pawlike hand resting on my shoulder.

"How am I supposed to just let this go like nothing happened?! I was right there. If I had just been a little faster. If I'd just gotten there a little quicker she would've... (Y/N) wouldn't have..." I choked on my own words, burying my face in my hands. "This is all my fault."

"You couldn't have predicted this. Don't be so hard on yourself." Asgore comforted.

"But what about Pup?! How am I going to explain to him that his sister, the girl that comforted him and protected him since he could remember and brought him to us. The one who saved him from ever having to suffer... How am I going to explain this to him?! That she's..."

I balled up my fist and kept my eyes on the ground. "Asgore, you didn't see it, but I did. That demon, that creature was on top of her. His gun was in the middle of her face. She was already out but it was like watching a wild animal. She was covered in blood.... her clothes were torn to shred... I could tell she was fighting. I was just too late."

Asgore sighed and pat my back. He stood slowly. "Sans, when you're ready, you can join us with the rest of the team. We're about to have a lot of recruits, so it would be best of you said your goodbyes soon. We can arrange her funeral soon. Would you like me to, uh, break the news to Pup?"

I shook my head. "No. I should be the one to tell him. I'll do it tonight. Paps is going to want to know as well."

Asgore nodded and left promptly. I was left alone in the room. A few meters away her corpse sat. She didn't look like she was dead, only resting her eyes. I couldn't keep looking at her. Her soul just sat on top of her chest, glowing dull. Dying quickly. Deep in my chest I kept hoping she'd sit up and smile at me. That she'd laugh again at my horrible jokes then walk home with me.

That she'd wake up and hold Lil' Pup like he was the most fragile thing in the world. It would all go back to normal and she'd be happy with Papyrus and the kid and I. We'd all smile and laugh together. I'd get to hold her once more and we'd go to Grillby's.

It was all a sick dream though. A fantasy I made up so I'd see past the blue that slowly crept up her fingertips. A wish I made because I was too late. (Y/N) died because I was too slow.

She deserved better than this.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Sike!!!
Sorry guys! But this was the original ending I was gonna do it before I changed the ending. I wanted to share it with you guys before I revealed the true ending. :3 I love you guys!

-Bug~Chan