Any Last Words

As soon as the conversation ended, I walked out after Steve since I had no idea where I was going. Steve trekked down a corridor, away from the meeting room, and I expected us to end back up at the elevator but Steve turned a corner and we ended up in another room. The room was similar to the meeting room in size and architecture, however, this room seemed more open and welcoming. There was a fridge in the back of the room and the few cabinets told me this must've been the dining or break room.
  When I walked in, the smell hit me and I almost fainted. Pizza! I looked toward a table where everyone - Natasha, Bruce, Clint, and now Steve - was sitting around. There were open boxes of steamy, greasy pizza laid in the middle of the long, rectangular table with different kinds of pizza in each box.
  "I didn't know what kind of pizza you liked so I just, kinda, ordered everything," Clint smiled, happily.
  So I beamed back and glanced at everyone around the table, alas it melted when I noticed something, "Where's Tony?"
  Everyone seemed to freeze at the name but Clint answered with a shrug, "He went out on the balcony."
  I turned my head and saw the door that led outside to the balcony they were speaking about, "What happened?"
  "He was breathing hard, I think he just needed fresh air," Bruce tried to reassure me.
  My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open in shock, "You guys gave him a panic attack?! What did you say to him?!"
  "I was just talking about Lesser and him blowing up the school!" Clint exclaimed.
  I facepalmed at the Avengers, then I jogged toward the balcony and opened the door. After closing the door behind me, I stepped beside Tony who had his face buried in his hands. I narrowed my eyebrows in worry and I touched his shoulder, gently, but he didn't move, "Are you alright, Tony?"
  Tony finally pulled his face out of his hands and looked up but he didn't look at me, "I just don't want anything to happen to you."
  "Well, that makes two of us," I grinned, trying to lighten up the mood but Tony's demeanor didn't change so I added, "I'm almost seventeen now. You've got to trust that I can take care of myself. You also have to trust all of those people in there, because they have your back."
  "It's not my back I'm worried about," Tony finally looked me in the eyes.
  Although, I shied away from his gaze and I looked over the balcony at the city. "They wouldn't be the Avengers if they didn't care about anybody. And if they were self-centered then they would still need me alive because - well, besides you choking them if I wasn't - I'm doing this to help them out. If I'm gone, then there's a possibility that they might get attacked and hated."
  "Why are you doing this for them? No one is making you do this," Tony pointed out, so I turned my gaze back to his eyes. 
  My shy smile brightened, "Besides the fact that they're the Avengers and they saved everyone more times than people care to know about? ... I guess it's about payback... This Lesser guy tried to blow up my school, and two of my brothers go to that school. There are people there that I care about."
  "Brothers?" Tony wondered.
  I corrected myself, "Foster brothers."
  "So, it's just your brothers that you care about and want revenge for?" Tony tested, obviously having a point in mind.
  Which made me blush and bite my lip, looking away from Tony. "Uh..." it came out as a hesitant stutter. 
  "I knew it! You're doing this for Ian too?!" Tony snapped, with a mix of emotions.
  "Hey! I have other friends other than him!" I pointed out, almost offended.
  So, Tony narrowed his eyes, "Yeah, but we're not talking about friends."
  The accusation turned me pale and frozen but I snapped, "What is up with you and being against me having boyfriends? Do I have to remind you I am almost seventeen?!"
  Rogers poked his head out to the balcony shyly, "I... Uh... heard yelling... Just making sure no one is going to push anyone off the balcony."
  "Hey, Steve! You should come here so I can give you boost up and over the edge," Tony smirked, sarcastically, teasing the gentleman. 
  Rogers raised his eyebrow at Tony then Steve flickered his patient gaze over at me, "Are we okay, here?"
  After blushing at how polite he was acting, I nodded and smiled, "We're good, Mr. Rogers."
  Steve nodded and pulled back into the snack room, so I turned back to Tony who was raising his eyebrows at me and giving me a look.
  "What?!" I hissed.
  "Why do you always do that?" Tony inquired, but I was completely confused so Tony continued, "Giving people titles. Agent Conner, Mr. Rogers." 
  "It's polite!" I exclaimed, however, smiled because he changed the subject.
  Tony read my mind, somehow, and started it up again, "What title do you give Ian?"
  I glared at Stark and punched his arm, hard. Then I crossed my arms and gave him a cold look.
  "Ow!" he whined and backed up. 
  "You will go in there, sit down, and eat pizza with us!" I ordered.
  Tony knit his eyebrows together, "Excuse me?"
  Instantly, I wondered if I was stepping over a boundary, but I crossed my arms and didn't back down, "You heard me."
  Tony glowered at me but growled, "Fine."
  Stark turned around and stomped into the dining area like a child, but he deserved that for getting into my business. Without another word, I followed after him and watched as he sat down at the table next to the dining heroes. I sat between Tony and Steve then I grabbed a plate and slid some pizza from the box.

(Hoped you guys enjoyed that chapter! It'll get interesting soon. Anyway! What do you guys think of the plan? And how do you think school will go? Always, do you think Sam will work well with the Avengers? Especially since Tony doesn't seem to agree with them? And do you think Tony is going to step in and break up the whole thing? Let's find out next chapter!
~~~~~ LL2z)