Chapter 19

SONG OF THE CHAPTER: A Thousand Years by Christina Perri --->

Recap:

            I was in a state of shock and frozen. My eyes watched as Victoria’s wolf slowly transformed. In replacement, there lay a human body, bloody and crippled.

            Bloody and crippled. A sob escaped my lips.

            Sure enough, I knew Teresa saw everything I just did. She stared at me with huge eyes and then she slowly questioned me, “Julissa… what… did… you do?”

            Teresa ran up to where Victoria’s broken body rested and examined it. I saw the water rushing down her cheeks in a raging fall. When I didn’t respond, Teresa, with her throat full of sobs, hollered at me, “WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU DO TO HER, JULISSA?! Answer me, godammit!”

            “I-I-I don’t know,” I explained, letting out a small bawl. That small bawl turned into one I thought that would be never-ending.

            As she pulled out her phone from her pocket, she shook her head at me in disbelief. She yelled at me, “You… bitch!”

            I didn’t think it was appropriate at all at this time to tell her I actually was a female dog.

______________________________

Chapter 19

=Teresa=

            I called Dr. Taylor Taylors. My body was shaking and I could barely tell her what happened. But I don’t know what happened. I don’t want to know what happened. I don’t want to know that my best friend tried to kill my other best friend that was her best friend, too. But I do know this.

            I glanced at Julissa. She was leaning against a tree a few feet from Victoria and I sobbing her eyes out. Even though I felt pure rage towards her right now, I couldn’t help but feel the need to comfort her. I wanted to know she was thinking, but she had her thoughts blocked from me at the moment.

            I brushed Victoria’s bangs off her forehead. Wait, you’re not supposed to touch an injured person! I slapped my hand. No, I slapped what I thought was my hand but turned out to be Vicky’s forehead. I slapped my hands to my mouth, freaking out. But still she remained unmoving.

            My head began to hurt, the aftermath of my bawling settling in. It was like a hangover. I had never cried so much in my life. But by the looks of it, Julie was going to get it worse.

            The phone in my pocket vibrated, “Hewo?” I sniffled as I answered it.

            Dr. Taylor demanded, “Teresa, quick, where exactly are you?”

            “I don’t know. We’re pretty deep in the oods.”

            I heard a sigh on the other side of the line. “Can you try giving me a description?”

            Was she fucking kidding me? “Well, there’s trees, a moon, grass, dirt, my sanity, and oh, lookie there, more trees!”

            “This is no time to play around, Teresa,” Dr. Taylor scolded me. “You know what? I’ll just track your phone. I’ll be there soon with my paramedics.” She hung up.

            ‘Soon’ for Dr. Taylor, well it was SOON. Five minutes she appeared with two buff men and a helicopter. This night was going to get better, enough said.