Ch. 19 - Chiharu's fight: Everything for victory!

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I needed to concentrate. I had to win this fight, no matter who my opponent was. I promised it to my friends and myself that I'll do everything that'll be possible to pass the Chunin exams. I took this as a challenge. And I always liked challenges. It was just that this one was a little... different. This time my opponent... She was my friend.  

'' Yo, Chi-baka? '' Hitomi called.  

I felt how my eye twitched. Okay, maybe I won't have so much troubles fighting her.  

'' What? '' I muttered, my eyes were still closed.  

'' Shouldn't you pay attention to me? '' she asked and I knew that she was smiling.  

I sighed. '' The fight didn't start yet and I'm concentrating, '' I told her, clenching my fists.  

'' You're concentrating? You usually don't even think twice before doing something! '' she replied, laughing.  

My eye twitched again. Okay, now it's over. I'm going to demolish her. Friend or not. And we agreed not to hold any grudges, no matter who'll win anyway.  

The truth was that Hitomi was right. I usually didn't think twice before doing stuff. But now it was the time to because I didn't want to turn in to tiny Chi pieces after fighting Hitomi and her giant axe.  

Hm... How could I beat her? I thoughtfully frowned and then slowly opened my eyes, analysing Hitomi. She was about fifteen centimetres taller then me... She wasn't a tall person. The truth was that I was the one that was miniature. Okay, I was already getting of topic... She was tall and I knew that I'll use that as an advantage. She didn't have any Nature release power and she only fought with her giant axe, kunais, shuriken and similar stuff. But there were still some informations that I didn't have. Maybe she learned some new techniques in the month that passed since the mission in the Village by the Noritan mountain.  

Okay, this was just confusing me now. Screw the analysing. I knew a lot about Hitomi's fighting style but the bad part here was that she also knew about mine. I'll just wing it. Yeah, that should work.  

Hitomi's bright green eyes were sparkling with enthusiasm. '' Shall we give them a good show? ''

I nodded, grinned and stretched my arms. '' Of course! '' I pulled of my gloves, revealing the burned hands. Some people in the audience gasped with shock at that but my grin just widened. This was going to be interesting.  

That was when the proctor announced that we could start and the fight began.  

Hm... Winging it? Yeah, that didn't turn out to be such a good idea.  

A few seconds later I was already running in circles in the fighting platform while Hitomi was chasing me, swinging her giant axe and trying to hit me with it. The other ninjas were watching us with disbelief and I could imagine the red mark that Kurenai got on her face because she facepalmed so many times. I just shrieked and jumped in the air when the axe moved in the direction of my feet and then continued running.  

'' Hey! Stop that! '' Hitomi yelled. Her eye began twitching in annoyance and the audience sweatdropped.  

Hehe, at least I was a little faster then her.  

'' Your axe scared me much less when you didn't try to use it on me, '' I whined, still sprinting and trying to come up with an idea.  

'' WOULD YOU TWO IDIOTS JUST START TO FIGHT?! '' my lovely sister yelled from the audience. There was a vain popping out of her forehead because she was so angry and Naruto, Sasuke and Kakashi had to hold her back so she wouldn't jump on the fighting platform and slap both of us, Hitomi and I, a few times. She looked a lot like me when I wanted to kick Neji because he hurt Hinata.