why me

The next weekend, as usual, Lexa and Dylan went out to sing karaoke. Sam joined them when he got off work.
"Aw, fuck!" Lexa cried, not even trying to hide her irritation.
"Still not dating?" Clarke's eyes danced into Lexa's.
"You don't stop, do you?" she replied, looking away.
"Nope."
"Why?!" Lexa scoffed. "Why me?"
"I'm intrigued by you," Clarke stated. Lexa chuckled. "I like you, Lexa."
"And why is that?" Lexa was laughing now.
"It's the way you sing," Clarke started. 'along with so many other things,' she finished in her head. "I can feel the pain in your voice. It's-" Lexa looked at her directly in the eyes with a stern expression, which made her stop talking.
"You know nothing of my pain!" Lexa kept her eyes on Clarke, making sure she understood. And she did. There was something in Lexa's eyes then that startled Clarke. It wasn't the anger that threw her off. Underneath it was the most incredible pain she had ever seen. As Lexa turned and walked off, she realized that this creature with the greenest of eyes and a haunting voice was hiding something huge. And this intrigued her even more. There was so much more to Lexa than her voice and her charm.
Clarke watched as Lexa marched over to the table. She leaned over and whispered something in her friend's ear. He looked concerned. She shook her head and walked out of the bar. He followed shortly after. 'Wow!' Clarke thought. 'What did I just do?'