Chapter 14 Return

Ginny's Point of View
_______________

        "Draco you said on the pillow?" I call from beside Hermione and Draco's door. "Yes," he calls back, sobbing. I open the door and walk in. I walk to the pillow and look around, it's not there or under the pillow or on the dresser, it's gone. I walk downstairs quickly. "Draco, it's not in the room in any of the places you said you'd probably put it or left it. And it's not on the ground." "So does that mean she popped in, got her ring, and left?" "It could mean that," I say sorry that he has to go through this. And then I think, I put Harry through this once. "God I'm sorry Harry." "For what?" "For causing you this pain when I went missing without telling anyone." "After a while I just felt numb with loss, but thank you for apologizing." I just give him a quick kiss on the lips and sit down on his lap. After a while Draco comes down the stairs, "I didn't find it." Draco is looking at the rest of and finally asks, "Can I have my seat back? The one that Hermione and I shared?" "Of course." Everyone shifts into their own love seat. He sits down in his seat, which faces the stairs, while the rest of them face towards the kitchen, or the wall behind the love seats that face the kitchen or towards Draco and Hermione's seat. He stares at the stairwell so when he gasps everyone turns towards it. I'm the closest to Draco so I just turn my head but everyone else swings their entire love seats to face the stairwell. Standing on the stairwell is Hermione. Looking tired as her Carmel-colored eyes drooped. Her lips turned up in a smile as she saw all of our familiar faces. Her legs looked longer than usual in her tight jeans with her green belly shirt up past her belly button. Draco stands up and grins at her then says, "Damn it Hermione you left. Why?" "I don't remember why," she says in her musical voice. She hasn't taken one step and neither has Draco. So when they both start running towards each other I'm shocked, they must be having a conversation in there heads. Hermione jumps into Draco's arms and murmurs something into his ear. He says something back before Harry says, "Can you let someone else have a turn?" "NO she is not leaving my arms ever again," Draco shouts. "How about this she'll still be in good hands if you give her here." "NO I told you she is not leaving me ever again." "Alright, then I'll just give her a hug." Harry walks over and buries his face in Hermione's golden hair as he throws his arms around Hermione (and Draco) giving them a hug. Hermione laughs, "Draco let me go I'm not leaving." Draco finally lets her go once she whispers something in his ear. Harry gives her a tight hug. I get her next, then Luna, Neville, Pansy, Theo, Hannah, Ernie and finally Fred. Fred held her for a while before Draco cleared his throat. "We're going to go talk about some things." "Have fun," Harry says. Draco gives him a thin, that's-not-funny, smile as they walk up the stairs.

Draco's Point of View
____________

        "Where the hell were you?" "I told you I was following a lead," Hermione protests. "I don't care what lead you were following the rest of us could have come with you or at least some of us." "I wanted to follow it alone. In case it was fake," Hermione defends herself. "I don't care if it was fake if you were hurt I would never have forgiven myself." "I wouldn't have let myself get hurt I would have apparate away as soon as I heard something." "Hermione this isn't something you should ever do again," I say leaning closer to her and holding her head lightly so she looks me in the eye, "Do you understand? Don't worry all of us like that again." "I won't, now please just let me get some sleep." "Alright, but I think you should tell everyone else this first." "No you should." "No I shouldn't Hermione you are telling them this isn't a debate." "Okay fine I'll tell them but I'm telling them tomorrow," Hermione says as she lays down in the bed telling me that this discussion is over. "Alright, I love you. Sleep well," I say, as I open the door and walk down the hall, down the stairs and into the main room. I vaguely heard her musically voice saying "I love you too," before I closed the door. As soon as I sat down Harry and Ginny bombarded me with questions, I didn't answer any of them. They eventually gave up and went to bed, when I went up to Hermione and I's room, I practically screamed at what I saw.