♚: Forteenth Denial

It was incredible how heavy Levi was despite his height, or perhaps it was because Eren had weak arm strength. He basically half dragged and half carried him to their hiding spot, which took an enormous amount of effort. When they returned, Armin was waiting for them. It appeared that he didn't move one inch since Eren was gone. He was still thinking of something or someone. Knowing him, he was most likely coming up with a plan or trying to figure out how the soldiers had managed to stalk them all the way into the woods.

Armin didn't react when he saw Levi with one missing leg and arm, but he started to speak. "You sensed her, right? She's he one who lead them here."

"Indeed," Levi replied as he was placed against the wall to sit. "I'm sure you know who she must be, Eren."

"I won't know who she is until you tell me her name," he stated.

"Petra," Levi informed him. "She's in the army."

"A vampire in the army?" Armin questioned with disbelief.

"It's an army of humans, so of course they don't suspect she's one. They're stupid after all," Levi went on as if Eren wasn't beside him.

"It's taking longer for you to regenerate than I thought," Armin said when he finally noticed what state he was in.

"I'm just low in energy right now, that's all," he replied.

"You should drink then-"

"No," Levi insisted. "I don't need it. I'm fine."

Eren shook his head but didn't make an attempt to say anything else.

"Do you have a plan?" Armin asked him.

"You take Eren back, and I'll stay here until my limbs return. It's going to take a while and I don't want to slow you two down. We need Eren to spy on Petra and reveal the true side of her. She's dangerous, and we need to get rid of her before she does anything else that may be a threat to Eren's life and blood."

"Why did they leave you alone anyways?" Armin asked. "She wouldn't have left if she knew you were still alive."

"I died for a while just so she can go away, but came back."

Armin's eyes widened and he shook his head. "That's not scientifically impossible."

"That's why I'm so weak now. It took everything I had to come back."

"Wait," Eren cut in. "You're asking me to spy on a vampire? The only times I've encountered her was when the commander had to speak with me, so I don't know how I'm going to find her all by herself. It's like she's glued to Hanji's side, too."

"I did not say you should talk to her, just watch her carefully. I know this sounds like the total opposite of what I want, but you need to get yourself into a little danger," Levi said. He paused for a small moment to cough out blood. It splattered all over his dirtied cloak. "Do anything that might make her snap and lose control. I'm putting Armin in charge of watching you. I'll be there in a few days, but I can't promise. If you're able to show her true colours to the commander, it will be all over for her. She knows you're with me so it's best if I stay away for a while anyways."

"What if this doesn't go as planned?" Armin asked and raised an eyebrow.

"We run, we try to fight them off, and we run even more. That's how it will go on if we don't prove this is all Petra's doing." Levi winced as he tried to adjust his position himself.

"Who is she?" Eren asked quietly.

"She's a vampire. Didn't I already point that out?" Levi said as if Eren was the most biggest idiot.