Being Serious

*Nathan p.o.v.*

I rolled over trying to get comfortable as the sun poked me in the eye. It was working until I rolled again and fell on the floor, face flat.

"Are you ok?" Steph asked running down the stairs.

"Yeaaa." I groaned massaging my nose. I looked over at the other couch to see Amber munching on some cookies and deep into an episode of sponge bob. (It be lit af fr😂🔥)

"You couldn't help him?" Steph asked looking over at her also.

"I wish he would break a bone!" she snapped, then continued to munch on.

Ouch.

"I need to take my-" she started.

"Yea."

I groaned again and began picking up my things.

"What are you gonna do? She's leaving today! She's not gonna wait on you forever Nate." Stephanie spoke, she was right but what was I supposed to do? She has to leave and I understand.

"Don't let her leave upset! Make it up to her! Show her that your serious!" Steph continued and I started having flashbacks of the night. That's what Amber asked me to do, show her. How could I? She's leaving! I gotta think outside of the box!

"Aight I'll see you at work Monday." I said hugging her. Hey! Even though I threaten to fire her, I would never, and she knows.

I called a cab and it picked me up right as I walked outside the door.

"Think outside the box." I reminded myself.
-----------------

"Tyler what should I do?" I whined, I've done this more times than my gardeners cut my lawn! I think that's a problem.

"Work with me here Nathan! What do you want from her the most that you don't have?" He asked.

"Her heart?" I asked not so sure.

"You already have it." That was deep.

"What's the quote again?... Oh! Mind, body and soul!" I said feelings proud of myself. I could feel his frustration through the phone.

"Be serious!" He yelled causing me to swerve around a car.

"Why's everyone telling me that! I am serious about her!" I replied yelling back.

"Then act like it, answer me."

"Fine, I love how innocent she looks when she wakes up, and I love how she makes me smile just by being in the same room as me, I love when she touches me and I can touch her too. She hates when I stare at her but I just wish that I could forever." I finished then put my head against the steering wheel.

"You want her around, always." He said.

I nodded my head and hummed in agreement. "But she's situated in Jamaica! How am I gonna get her to be around, you know she can't leave right now!"

"But you can." Tyler said before hanging up.

He got me thinking. He's my main partner. I can always work from home and have him attend major meetings on my behalf.
It would be more on him, but it would allow me to have somewhat of freedom. I pulled into my reserved parking spot when it hits me. I know what I'm gonna do!

I rushed into the building and up to my office to get some things done in order to carry out my plan.

I sat down and got busy, Steph was off today, so I could get more things done. Yay.

By the time I got done it was 4:30 and I rushed to Steph's house trying to see if Amber was already gone.
I ran up to the door and knocked on it, yelling out to see it they were there.

"Aye what you want man?" Their neighbor asked.

"Did, did they leave yet? Are they home!" I asked and my heart dropped when he shook his head.

"They left, the other girl had some suitcases and everything, they left like 3 hours ago." He said and I grew nervous.

"Shit!" I yelled running to my car. Don't fail me now Audi! I prayed and took off to the airport. As I swerved right out front I saw Stephanie walking to her car.

"Steph!" I yelled out gaining her attention. I watched as she made her way over to me.
"Where is she?" I asked rushing towards the airport entrance.

"Nate she's gone." She said softly as she grabbed my hand pulling me in to a hug.

"She can't be gone! I was gonna make it right!" I said crying internally.

"If you really want her! Don't give up so easily!" She said rubbing my back.

She was absolutely right.

I pulled away and got out my phone, "Paul, pack up all my stuff in the house except for the furniture and the appliances, take all important documents too and then  meet at the jet, you have 25 minutes, inform the pilot also." I spoke then hung up.

"What are you going to do?" She asked looking up at me.

I kissed her forehead and looked her in the eyes.

"I'm going to get my woman."

--------------
A/n: getting heated!
What do you think Nathan is gonna do when he sees Amber?
Plzzzz vote and comment! Also thanks for 1.45k reads! I'm so happy! Thanks for the love and please I need book recommendations!
Are you writing a book? I'll go check it out and vote if you do the same 😉
😂
-Ain't picture perfect but we worth the picture still
-J. Cole