Five

Liv POV
Why would they be calling? Chill out, Liv. I told myself. I had to be logical. It could be a telemarketer. Something told me that it probably wasn't, though. Shakily, I picked up the phone.

"He-Hello?" I asked hoarsely.

"Commander Reynolds?" someone on the other end of the line asked.

"Speaking." I replied.

"Your presence is requested at Bethesda. Your brothers are being airlifted there due to serious injuries suffered in combat. They'll be arriving soon." I staggered.

"I'll be there in five." I said.

"I'll let them know, Commander."

"Thank you." click. I turned to face Tony. "I have to go to Bethesda. My brothers are being airlifted."

"You are not driving. Absolutely not."

"I am driving whether you like it or not." I growled. "Move." Tony put his hands up in surrender. "You still haven't moved." I said, picking up a nearby piece of paper. "You want to find out how to kill someone with a piece of paper?" I asked. Tony shook his head and moved to the side. I stalked past him and grabbed my bag, slinging it over my good shoulder. Then I grabbed my keys, gave Mason a kiss, and left my apartment.

As I pulled up to Bethesda, my mind was spinning. What had happened? Would my brothers be okay? As I parked and got out of my car, a black car came zooming up, speeding into the spot next to my car. The windows were all tinted, so I couldn't see who was driving. I reached across my body to grab my gun as the driver got out.

"Tony, really? I thought someone was going to kidnap me!"

"I don't drive half as bad as you. Besides, I didn't want you to be alone."

"You'll never be alone." another voice added. "We're not gonna let you." It was Gibbs. Then Ziva and McGee climbed out.

"I didn't ask for support." I sighed.

"Naw, but you're going to need it." Tony said.

"Let's just go inside." As we walked up to the door, a couple ambulances came screaming by, headed for the back of the hospital. "That should be my brothers." I said, biting back tears. Please be okay, guys. I thought.

Gibbs POV
I saw how upset Liv was as she noticed the ambulances that likely held her brothers, but she quickly composed herself. Marines never show their feelings. As we walked inside, Liv stormed up to the front desk.

"Special Agent Olivia Reynolds, former Naval Commander. I'm here for Derek, Josh, Aaron, Monty, and Andrew Reynolds. Were they in the ambulances that just came in?" The receptionist nodded.

"If you'll wait over there, their doctor will get you as soon as you can visit them." she said kindly.

"Thank you." Liv said gratefully. She stalked over to the waiting area and sank into a chair. I recognized that. It was what we'd done the day we met her. It had been a year since then. I sank into the chair next to hers, sighing.

"Boss!" Olivia snapped me back to reality. I looked up expectantly. "I'm going for coffee, black for you?" I nodded. She walked off quickly with Tim. I leaned back into my chair, sighing. Soon enough, Tim and Liv were back, handing out coffees. I reached up to take mine, exhausted. When I looked up at Liv, her eyes were red and raw.

"Commander Reynolds?" A doctor asked. It had been seven hours since we had stepped into the hospital. Liv looked up quickly. "You may see your brothers now. They're all in one room." Liv nodded. Tim spoke up.

"May we go, too?" The doctor nodded.

"Make sure you watch for signs that it's time to leave, though." we nodded. "Follow me." We hoisted ourselves out of our chairs.

"Why do you want to see my brothers?"

"When we arranged for them to surprise you, we ended up getting to know them pretty well." Liv nodded.

"Good to know my family likes each other." Liv said. I nodded, smiling.

"Indeed." I said.

"Here we are." the doctor said. We thanked her and went in. Liv drew in a sharp breath. Her brothers looked horrible. They were connected to all sorts of things, and they had a few IVs each, and several tubes coming out of each of them. Liv went over to the brother closest to the wall and planted a kiss on his nose. Then she continued down the line, kissing each one on the nose. Must be a tradition.

"buachaillí , nach bhfuil tú cead a bás ." Boys, you are not allowed to die. Liv said sternly. I chuckled.

"C'mere, Midgie." someone mumbled.

"Derek!" Liv cried, running over to him. She stooped down to hug him and kissed him on the nose. He craned his neck and kissed her forehead.

"Oi, Doogie. Get over here."

"Josh!" Liv ran over and kissed him on the nose, too. He did the same thing Derek had done, kissing her on the forehead.

"Livvie, my turn."

"Monty, you know I hate that name." Liv said, but she was smiling. She had tears running down her cheeks. She ran over to him and they repeated what Liv had done with Derek and Josh. Andrew and Aaron followed, and Liv kissed their noses and got a kiss on the forehead in return. Given how easily they did it, I guessed they'd been doing it since Liv was a little girl.

"Doogie, now you've got to bend over."

"Better not be for long, though, buachilli." boys Liv said sternly. She smiled, wiping her cheeks. "What happened, boys? Why'd they fly you from Israel instead of treating you at base?" Liv asked.

"They treated what they could so we'd live, but then they airlifted us out so we could be properly treated. And you know the rest." Liv nodded.

"I do know the rest. I also know that you're going to try to get back into action." At this, Liv's brothers looked at each other and back at Liv.

"You know us too well."

"So does the United States Navy. I guess they learned their lesson when I tried to get back on duty after I stepped on a land mine. They called when I was on the way here. You've all been honorably discharged. You'll be receiving purple hearts when you're well enough." Liv's brothers shook their heads.

"Dang it." Josh said. Liv grinned at him.

"I know, I know. But I'll tell you boys what. Why don't you come to live with me and Mason? We can all take care of each other and they" Liv motioned to us, "don't have to take any more time off work." she finished. "Deal?"

"Deal." her brothers said together.