Twenty-One

DiNozzo POV
"Former Mafia boss and drug lord Ernesto Lopez." Liv said. She clicked the clicker and his picture came up on the screen, a mugshot from an arrest a few months ago. "Quite a record, several aggravated assaults, a few drug trafficking and a human trafficking incident once, plus a few other offenses." A few other things came up on the screen. "Bailed out by his family each time, because they have the best lawyers in the area."

"Killed by a single close-range gunshot straight to the heart." continued Ziva. Crime scene photos popped up of Ernesto lying in a pool of blood in an alley. He was a tall, thin man with the edge of a tattoo peeking over the neckline of his shirt.

"How old was he?" I asked.

"26." Liv said. "Pretty young for a drug lord and mafia boss, but..." she trailed off. "Never mind." she said curtly, as if shaking a bad thought out of her head. Derek shook his head, his eyes dark. Don't say a thing. he mouthed to us. I opened my mouth to say something, but then I remembered how easily Liv's brothers could kill me and I closed it again.

"We need to find the rest of his mafia, because they're all suspects." Gibbs said. McGee, Liv, and I all got to work, while Ziva and Gibbs went to Autopsy and all of Liv's brothers but Monty went to Abby's.

"I found one of their hideouts." Liv said after a while."East Maryland. There's another one here in D.C. about a mile south of the FBI building.

"Let's go check it out." Monty said.

"We should wait for everyone." Liv said. Monty nodded. About ten minutes later, Liv's brothers, Ziva, and the rest of Liv's brothers came up.

"We've got a lead." Liv told Gibbs. "We found two of the hideouts that Ernesto's mafia use." Gibbs nodded.

"DiNozzo and the Reynolds boys go check out.." he looked at Liv.

"Well, one of em's in Maryland, boss." she said. "The other is about a mile south of the FBI building."

"Well, you'd best get packing, then, guys." Gibbs said. "You guys head down to Maryland. Tim, Liv, Ziva, and I will go to the one in D.C."

As it turned out, this would be a horrible mistake.