Twenty-Two

Liv POV

Tony and my brothers left to go pack for their Maryland trip while Gibbs, McGee, Ziva and I got our gear together. Within an hour the guys were back with a duffel bag and a backpack each that got dumped next to their desks. I said that I'd call when we got to the hideout and as we were leaving to satisfy my brothers, and they promised to do the same. I figured that our calls wouldn't overlap because of the long drive they had to take across Maryland.

After I kissed my brothers goodbye and given them the address, they, along with Tony, piled into the elevator. They were going to get to use a stakeout van since there were so many of them, and my brothers looked pretty excited about it. After they'd left, Gibbs, Ziva, McGee, and I grabbed our gear and got into the elevator.

As we piled out of the elevator, McGee called shotgun.

"Goddammit McGee." I said, grinning. "You're navigator, then." I said, and texted him the address. He rolled his eyes at me, and I made a face at him. We reached the car, and Ziva and I climbed in the back while McGee got into the shotgun seat and Gibbs got into the driver's seat.

An argument between McGee and Ziva, a million eye rolls, and a phone call to my brothers later, we made it to the mafia hideout.

"Anybody else have a bad feeling about this?" McGee asked. Ziva and I raised our hands and drew our guns. Gibbs rolled his eyes as he got his gun out. We were at the hideout now, and we looked for an entrance. There was a chain-link fence that started partway around the house, and I figured the entrance would be on the other side of it. We all scaled the fence easily, and, sure enough, there was a door concealed behind some vines.

I knocked once, and the door opened at my touch. I glanced back at Gibbs, who nodded at me, and went in, followed by McGee, Ziva, and Gibbs. I could sense them spreading out alongside me. It seemed like the place was empty. But then we heard the clicks of several guns being taken off safety. Instinctively, Gibbs, Ziva, McGee, and I all formed a circle with our backs to each other.

"Drop the weapons." a voice with a heavy Mexican accent said. Then several more clicks as more guns were drawn and pointed at us. Our own guns clicked as we put them on safety and set them on the ground. I could tell Ziva was ready for a fight, and I was, too.

"Federal agents." Gibbs said. "We just have a few questions." If anything, that just made it worse. The first set of people advanced to grab us, and Ziva and I let our instincts kick in. We kicked out, fighting hard, and I heard Gibbs and McGee fighting behind us. It was no use. McGee went down first with what sounded like a hard blow to the head. Then it was Gibbs, who got bashed into a metal pole and knocked out cold. Then Ziva, as the men that McGee and Gibbs had been fighting joined her fight. She was hit on the head a few times before she was knocked out.

Then all four men were on me, with several more ready to jump in. Something smacked across my face and something nailed me in the ribs, and my vision swam, but I kept fighting as best I could. Then I felt a sharp pain as something stabbed into my side, and another pain as it was pulled out. I collapsed, my hands going to my side where I'd been stabbed. I was vaguely aware that I had crash-landed on my bad shoulder, but that was the least of my problems. Then someone's gun came down on my head, and my vision went dark.