Twenty-Eight

DiNozzo POV
When Liv got back, she looked really excited about something. Gibbs noticed too.

"Something you want to tell us?" he asked.

"Leah was in the military, too." Liv said. "She switched around, just like I did. And it turns out, she was on the team that just barely missed me, but provided information for my rescue, back when I was kidnapped." Liv said. I think that even Gibbs was surprised.

"They were instrumental in your rescue." Gibbs said.

"She didn't say they were that helpful." Liv said, surprised.

"Come on." Gibbs said.

"Where?" Ziva asked.

"We're going to Leah's house to tell her how much she mattered."

"That's a good idea, Boss." Liv said. "She was beating herself up over letting me get away." Gibbs didn't answer, just strode off in the direction of Leah's house.

Liv POV

I caught up to Gibbs first.

"How much did she tell you?" he asked.

"Not much." I replied. "Just that her team barely missed me. And she felt awful." That just seemed to make Gibbs even more determined. After a few minutes, Gibbs spoke again.

"You should get your prosthetic looked at." he said. I looked at him, surprised. "Tony told me it gave out while you two walked to Leah's house."

"It gave out again on my way back with Leah, too." I confessed. Gibbs sighed.

"I'm going to take you to Bethesda after work today." Gibbs said. I shook my head.

"Gibbs, you don't have to-"

"No buts. I don't want you driving with a faulty leg, and I can't trust you to get it looked at on your own." Gibbs said. I sighed. I knew he was right.

"Fine." I said. "But what about my car?" I asked.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow morning." he said. I looked at him gratefully.

"Thank you, Gi- whoah!" I was cut off by my leg collapsing again. "Ow.." I groaned.

"You okay, kid?" Gibbs asked.

"Mostly." I groaned. "My ribs." I pulled my pants leg up to reveal that the screws had come loose again, and there was another one this time. I rolled my eyes and sighed, then quickly fixed my leg. Gibbs pulled me gently to my feet and helped me support my weight the rest of the way to Leah's.

When we got there, Gibbs knocked on her door.

"Coming!" Leah called. She, Thor and Winnie appeared at the door.

"I'm special agent Gibbs, this is McGee and David." Gibbs said. "You've met DiNozzo and Reynolds already."

"I have." Leah said, smiling. "What can I do for you?" she asked.

"We're the team that found Liv and rescued her." Gibbs said. "Your team's work was instrumental in her rescue." Leah's eyes shone with tears, and she smiled.

"Thank you for letting me know." she said. "I needed to know that." Gibbs smiled.

"Thank you." he said, and turned around. Leah and I smiled at each other, and I turned to leave, too. As we walked away, Gibbs turned to me.

"I hope you don't think I'm going to forget about taking you to Bethesda. We'll get off around six,  probably, then I'm taking you in." I sighed, rolling my eyes.