Chapter 4: Date-ish

Before Ryan, malimit akong pumunta sa Kelsey's with my college friends.

But when we started dating, bihira na akong makasama sa kanila dahil sa hindi siya mahilig mag-clubbing.

When we all got busy with our lives, nabawasan na ang mga gimik ko.

Nang maging successful ang Lumis, lalo akong natali sa trabaho and I was always declining the invitations until marealize ko na lang na I wasn't invited anymore.

Naging active na lang ako ulit sa mga lakarin when I started dating Ryan.

His hobbies were totally different from mine.

Ang gusto niya kasing activities ay maghiking, camping or magkalikot ng computer niya.

Kaya kahit hindi naman talaga ako outdoorsy type, sumasama ako sa kanya at sa mga kaibigan niya partly because I was curious to find out what he enjoyed about it.

The main reason was if I don't go out with him, we wouldn't be able to spend time with each other outside of work.

So pinilit niya ako to try it and I said yes.

The first time was difficult for me dahil it was uncomfortable sleeping on the ground.

Sure, we could bring a mattress pero purists ang grupo nila.

It took time for me to get used to the idea pero sa kakasama ko, I discovered na it was a perfect way to decompress from our hectic work life bukod pa sa I get to reconnect with nature and myself.

Isang bagay na hindi ko masyadong nagawa dahil sa bukod sa wala naman akong kakilala who is into the great outdoors, I was raised in the city.

I love the urban life kaya naman I was like a kid the first time sinama nila ako sa Laguna.

Hindi madali ang umakyat ng bundok and I hurt all over dahil sa hindi ako sanay na maglakad ng ilang oras at umakyat sa matatarik at mababatong trail.

I thought I was fit until that first time na I have to keep up with these group of people na iyong iba eh older than I am.

The reward was worth the pain though.

Being so close to nature made me feel the presence of something or someone powerful.

I could say that dating Ryan was one of the few times that I was willing to set aside what I want to make someone else happy.

Nang sinabi ko kay Liezl na I don't like wasting time, the same holds true for my relationship.

The same principle applied to Ryan.

Unlike most men who in the company who were intimated by me, he was the opposite.

Hindi din siya nagpaligoy-ligoy when he asked kung pwede siyang manligaw.

He looks nice and harmless naman so pumayag ako.

When we started dating, I learned na he was kind and responsible.

A breadwinner who puts his family first.

Kinuwento niya agad sa akin ang family situation niya and how he was sending four other siblings to school dahil sa walang work ang tatay niya.

Kahit nag-offer ako to pay for our dates, hindi siya pumapayag dahil sa masasaktan daw ang pride niya.

I told him it's okay pero he refused so hindi ko na siya kinulit.

When he told me about the offer to go to Taiwan, I knew what I had to do.