Chapter 9

Tuesday morning

Giselle's POV

Ah, a fresh new morning. And ugh, another day of school. I can't wait until school's over and I have summer to just relax. After I brush my teeth I go to my closest and look for a good outfit. I put on a tank top that's gray with 💯's all over it, except it was 99's instead of 100. For bottoms, it's supposed to rain today so I put on my light blue high-waisted ripped jeans. And finally, I put my high top black & white vans.

  I was going to eat pancakes and scrambled eggs for breakfast but I look at the time and realize it's 7:40. Crap, I have 10 minutes to get to school. I put Cheerios in a little plastic bag, grab my backpack, and run out the door. I get to school and find my friends. Bexly, Brooklyn, Marlene, Sabrina, and Olivia.

  "You always take forever to get here!" Olivia tells me, jokingly. She's always one of the first to get here and she gets lonely so she spams my phone sometimes to tell me to get here quicker.

  "Oh shut up Liv," I say back to her. We start laughing. I look at Bexly and she's already staring at me, like she wants to ask me something. Whatever, I'll ask her about it during lunch or something.

  I grab my phone from my back pocket and log out of my fan account on Instagram, none of my friends know about it, and it should stay that way. They don't like Jacob, at all, and they tease me about liking him sometimes. If they knew I have a fan account, I can't even imagine what they'd say, they'd probably call it pathetic or lame or something like that especially now that I actually know him.

The bell rang and we all go to our lockers. Brooklyn and I share a locker, she liked where mine is better so now we both use my locker.

"So, how was your Monday?" she asks me.

"Not that bad, how 'bout you?" I ask back.

"1 word that ruined my day, homework. And lots of it," Brooklyn says rolling her eyes. We both laugh. As we unpack our stuff into our lockers we just have a silence. But it's not the type of silence that's uncomfortable, it's actually relaxing while everyone around us is really loud. A middle school hallway is one of the loudest things you'll hear in life. We go our different ways and walk to first period.

  English was my first period, Olivia's in it. The only time I talk to her is during 1st and 3rd period and sometimes texting. But we've been friends since like 4th grade. Luckily, Olivia and I were put next to each other.

  "Elle, you really need to start being early, I'm a loner except for Brooke but you know how it is with her right now!" Olivia complains. She's mad at Brooklyn because she told Olivia's crush that she likes him. I'm not sure if Brooklyn knows that Olivia knows. To be honest, Olivia has a reason to be mad, you shouldn't tell people who your friend likes. We have a whole conversation on that until class actually starts.

After English is over I go downstairs to French, my 2nd period. This is my second year taking it.The teacher starts handing out cookies to people who get the warm-up question right, that's what I love about this class. Sometimes when I get bored I'll just write "j'adore jacob sartorius" in my notebook. After French I go back upstairs to my 3rd period, photography. Unfortunately, Zach's in this class. But it's all good since Olivia's here with me. She never misses school so that's good too. Today we're in the classroom (Tuesday's & Thursday's in the classroom, Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's in computer lab). There's 4 tables and Zach just has to sit at the same one as me. *bell sounds* Well there's the tardy/late bell. Whoever's not here yet is late.