Chapter 15

Jacob's POV

  We were almost at Giselle's house, she's taking a quick nap laying on my shoulder while I just look out the window.

  The dude that was the uber driver just randomly said, "You two make an amazing couple." He thinks we're dating?

  "We're not a couple, she has a boyfriend," I informed him.

  "Oh ok, my mistake," the driver apologized. I just told him that it was fine then the rest of the drive was in silence, except for the radio. When we got to Giselle's house I had to wake her up.

  "Hey, Elle. We're at your house, time to wake up," I said shaking her shoulder a little. She opens her eyes a little and looks at me and her eyes widen and she bolts right up, and moves to the other side of the car.

Giselle's POV

  I open my eyes and I see that I'm laying on Jacob's shoulder! I immediately move away, I hate leading him on. I know I used to wish to have to opportunity to get to know Jacob and date him or whatever, but right now I only see him as a friend. I'm pretty sure I'm just a friend to him too, hopefully he doesn't see me as a fangirl anymore but I doubt he does.

  I open the car door, but as I'm about to go I give Jacob a friendly hug, say bye, and thank the driver. The first thing I see when I open the door is my mom sitting on the couch with Ozzy (check chapter 13 , when Giselle is telling Zach about her dog).

"So how was the dance? Did you two kiss?!" my mom asked excitedly. She seemed to like Jacob, which I guess is good. I tell her the need to know stuff, like that I'm dating Zach again (last time when we broke up I told her it was just because of summer break).

"Mom! You know I'm dating Zach!" I say, even though it's technically not true anymore. I also add something about Jacob and I being just friends. She rolls her eyes.

"Ok missy, whatever you say. But take Ozzy and get ready for bed." I rolled my eyes and said goodnight to her and ran up to my room with Ozzy in my arms. Once I got to my room I put Ozzy down and texted Zach.

Me: can you meet me at the rec (recreational center) in 10 so I can at least explain ?

Surprisingly, he answered right away.

zach 💙: Fine

It wasn't the nicest reply but it was something. But I'm about to do something I've never done, sneak out of my house. I know my mom goes to sleep right away and doesn't wake up unless she hears me leave the room... through the door. This time I wasn't going through the door, I'm going through the window. There's a mini garden with just tiny little plants so it won't hurt when I land. It's like a 10 foot jump I think. There's a ladder that's long enough for me to get back in my room.

  I grab my phone and I jump out the window and safely make it to the ground. Then I keep walking to the rec, it isn't that far from my house, only like 10 minutes. I hope Zach lets me explain and then we could get back together, I don't wanna lose him. I eventually get there after thinking about a bunch of what ifs. I see someone in a black jacket, who I'm pretty sure is Zach.

  "Thanks for actually coming, I thought you wouldn't. I'm sorry for the whole thing that happened tonight, I didn't know how to tell you about it," I explained to him. He had his back to me still. "Hello? Zach!" I said to him. He turned around, and it wasn't Zach.

  "Sorry sweetie, but I'm not Zach," the guy said, grabbing onto something in his jacket. I froze. My first instinct is to run, so that's what I do. But, as soon as I turn around he grabs my arm and pulls me back. "Where do you think you're going?" he says, pulling out a gun. Now I'm scared as fuck. What do I do, what do I do?! I can't call 911 because it'd be to obvious.