Coming Together

"Dean!" You screamed as Bill came crashing through your room, heading straight for you and Dean. His lip was bruised, the cut coming open again as he smiled cruelly at you and Dean.

"So this is why you didn't want me to touch you. You're his slut." He said, just as Dean turned around, effectively placing you behind him and away from Bill's attack.

"You Son of a Bitch! Nobody calls Y/N that and lives to tell about it!" Dean growled, just as Bill reached him. Bill might have been bigger, and bulkier than Dean, but Dean had plenty of experience fighting things, and he had more agility. As Bill tried to tackle him, Dean reached out with one hand, shoving the older man into the wall.

"Y/N, stay in your room." Dean ordered, before striding over to where a startled Bill was shaking his head. Leaning down, he picked Bill up by the collar, before slamming his fist into Bill's face. Over and over again, Dean punched Bill, until his face was beaten to a bloody pulp.

Coming out of your room, you carefully moved to Dean's side. "Dean, stop! He's gotten the message. He's not worth it" You told him, but it was your gentle touch on his shoulder, not your words, that had Dean dropping Bill to the floor. The man groaning in agony. 

"Get out of here. And if you ever come close to Y/N, you won't be so lucky next time. Do you understand me?" Dean growled, and Bill nodded, cowering in fear. You didn't blame him. You had never seen Dean so angry, so malicious, his face in a furious frown as he stared down at the beaten man.

"She isn't worth it anyways," Bill muttered, before running out of the room.

Dean turned to you, before crushing you into his arms. Everything seemed to melt away, his words at the hotel, your pain and fear caused by Bill. Nothing mattered except being in Dean's arms, both of you comforting each other.

It could have been hours, or moments later, you weren't sure, before Dean was pulling away from you. It was then you were finally able to glance around your small apartment, wincing at all the damage both fights had caused. 

Almost every piece of furniture you owned was broken, or sliced, or smashed beyond recognition. Your door was hanging off it's hooks, and a confused Sam stood in the door frame. Dean noticed where your attention had gone, seeing his brother standing there.

"I..um...I saw her boss leaving here. He looked pretty beaten up. Do you want me to follow him?" Sam asked.

Dean shook his head. "No, I think he learned his lesson. But you could help me and we could try to clean up Y/N's apartment."

Sam nodded, moving into the already cramped space, heading into the kitchen, no doubt looking for trash bags. "Leave it." You insisted, stopping him, and Dean, who had just started to stand up and join his brother.

"What?" He asked you, as you carefully stood up, your body still sore in places. 

"Sam, can you give Dean and I a minute please?" You asked Sam, and he nodded, before heading back out the door.

As soon as he was gone, you sat down on the couch, the only piece of furniture that was still in one piece. "Listen Dean, thank you for coming to my rescue. You don't know how much it means to me. But you don't have to do anything else. I can clean up. You can head back on the road with your brother, and forget about me. I understand," You spoke calmly, even though saying the words brought a pang to your chest.

"What? I...uh..." Dean stuttered, at a loss for words.

"Dean, I remember what you said back at the hotel. How could I forget?" You said, the last bit under your breath. "And I'm glad you took time out to help me. But I'm not expecting any more."

Dean started pacing in front of you, kicking the broken lamp out of his way, as he ran his hand down his mouth, acting frustrated. Finally he stopped, right in front of you, pulling a battered chair over so he was eye level with you. "Y/N, about that conversation in the hotel. I want you to know that if I could take it all back, I would. In a heartbeat."

"Dean, I...," You started, but he stopped you.

"No Y/N, I just need you to listen right now. Please. Then you can talk all you want afterwards." He pleaded with you.

Nodding, you sat there waiting, your hands tightly clasped together, your heart beating furiously, waiting to hear what else he could hurt you with. Your heart was already in a million pieces, laying at his feet. What was the worst he could do.

"I've never felt as strongly for anyone, ever, as I felt for you. Besides Sammy, but he's family. And it scared me. I wasn't sure what to do, but seeing you almost die at the hands of that ghost. It made me realize I would rather push you away then see you get hurt because of my job. I could handle knowing you were out there, somewhere safe. But I couldn't handle knowing you might die, because of me," he told you, his eyes full of unshed tears, his voice cracking at the end. "But then, you were still hurt, and I wasn't here to protect you. I pushed you away, to keep you safe, and I even failed at that."

"Dean...," you started, but you weren't sure what to say.

"Listen, I will understand if you want me to walk through that door, and out of your life. I was a complete jerk, and I don't deserve your forgiveness. But, if you think you can forgive me, maybe we can try to make this work,"  He pleaded with you, before staring down at his hands, waiting for you to kick him to the curb.

You couldn't believe how fragile, and how torn up Dean looked as he sat in front of you. A man who was usually strong, and so sure of himself and what he was doing, sat broken in front of you. Without a second thought, you slid off of the couch, sliding to your knees in front of him, before wrapping your arms tightly around his waist. At first you felt him tense up, surprised at your touch, but then he leaned into it, wrapping his arms as tightly around you as they would go.

His head came to rest on top of yours, and the two of you stayed that way, content in each other's arms. Then you pulled back, and looked up at him. "Dean, what you said to me back at the hotel, it hurt. I've spent the last week licking my wounds, hurting beyond belief. Thinking I wasn't good enough for you, that I was just another one of your stupid flings. And then Bill shows up, then you, and now my whole world is thrown upside down once again."

"I know, and I will do whatever you want, need me to do, to make it right. To make it up to you." He pleaded, his summer grass green eyes wide and apologetic. 

"I just need to know. Is this true? Are you saying this just because you feel bad that I got hurt again? Or is it because you truly care for me?" You asked.

"Y/N, I love you. I've loved you since I first laid eyes on you in that hotel lobby, and when we rode up in the elevator together. And I will spend the rest of my life showing you just how much I love you," he promised you.

"Okay." You answered simply, watching relief flash across his face. "I love you too Dean. But what do we do now?"

He stood up, pulling on your hand until you were standing with him. "Now, if you agree, we will pack up whatever you want, and you can come live with us in the bunker. Y/N, you'll make one hell of a hunter. That is, if you want to. If not, you can do whatever you want, I won't hold you back."

"I'd like that. It felt right, trying to help people, to save them from Monsters. I would like the chance to fight by your side." You told him.

He pulled you to him, in a tight hug. "How did I get so lucky to fall in love with such an amazing woman. Thank you so much for being understanding. I wouldn't have known what to do if you had kicked me out the door."

"Well, if you pull something like that again, I might. But how about for now you get your brother back up here, and help me pack. I can't wait to see your bunker." You said, excited at a chance at a new life with Dean by your side.