Chapter 27:

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" Erza yelled as she slammed the door shut.
"LU-CHAN!" Levy screamed jumping out of the room. "Are you hurt? Did they touch you?" The bluenette inspected her best friend thoroughly. "Wait don't tell me you had a match?"
Lucy smiled sheepishly. "I'm ok Levy-chan, don't worry." Levy threw herself at the blonde. "Thank goodness."
"Y-yeah..."
Timidly Lucy looked up at Erza. She looked so furious, like someone had slapped her right across the face and Lucy had to admit to herself that what she did was metaphorically exactly that.
The redhead inhaled deeply as if she was going to scold her and Lucy flinched, but on right on time Cana came from around the corner.
"What's going on?" She looked over at Lucy. "Oh. You're back. Hope you had a good time."
The blonde was just about to say something, but Cana had disappeared just as fast as she had come.

Erza turned around to face the young queen. She sighed in defeat. "I think what just happened did more than my scolding could ever do. I just hope you understand how serious this is."
"Leave the poor girl alone." Mira closed the front door behind herself. "I need to talk to you anyway." Mira growled as she dragged the redhead into another room.

"Lu-chan... Are you ok?"
"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm gonna go to room. I need to think about some stuff."
"Okay. I'll be in the library."
Lucy nodded at her friends and went up the stairs to her room.

She lay there on her bed and stared at the ceiling. She could hear Mira shouting through the wall.

"HOW COULD YOU INTERRUPT THEM?!"
"We can't afford this. If she-"
"IF SHE WHAT?! FALLS IN LOVE?! GOD FORBID THAT'D EVER HAPPEN!"
"That's not what I meant."
"YOU CANT JUST MESS WITH PEOPLES LIVES LIKE THAT!"
"She's not just people. She's our queen."
"YOU MADE HER OUR QUEEN! SHE'S HUMAN! STOP TREATING HER LIKE SHE'S AN OBJEKT!"
"Mira. Where closer to winning than ever before."
"SO WHAT?! I remember a strong person that didn't care about that. A person who but live before anything else."
"Oh quit whining like this is some story where everyone who believes wins. This is real life. Deal with it. And by the way, how do you know she's in love? This entire system is just an elaborate game. You don't know who's cheating until the very end."

Lucy curled up to the side. Her head hurt. What she in love? Was she cheating? What was she supposed to do? Why did everyone want her to do something. Why her? Why now?
Just. Simply. Why.

Her head was swarming with questions that bounced form one end of her skull, to the other.
She needed to do something, but what?

*

"Hey, what're you doing?" Wendy asked as she saw Lucy sitting on the couch, tapping her pencil against her temple.
"Working."
Wendy furrowed her eyebrows as she stepped closer.
"On what?"
"Our plans."
"Oh. Then I won't bother you."
"Wait. Where were you?" Lucy looked up. Wendy hesitated.
"At Romeos."
Lucy's eyes softened. "Be careful alright. Some people might drag you into this mess and I don't want you to get hurt. Please ask Romeo to take you home the next time, okay?"

Wendy smiled. She didn't expect Lucy to react this way. She could've cried, that's how happy she was. She tackled the blind and hugged her tightly. "Hey you ok kiddo?" She asked surprised as the little girl clung to her. She said nothing. Lucy smiled and hugged her back. "Don't worry. We're not gonna lose this year. You have me to count on."
"Thanks Lucy-San." Lucy flicked two fingers against the little girls head. "I told you before not to call me -San."
"Sorry Lucy-nee."
"That's better."

They sat there in silence and just enjoyed the moment when the door opened.

"Cana! Where where you?"
The brunette looked at the blonde and then at the little girl who was still holding on to her friend tightly. She stayed silent and walked to her room as if Lucy hadn't said a word. Only then did Lucy truly grasp how dire the situation was and how badly she wanted to fix it.

"Hey mind if I go talk to Cana?" She asked Wendy.
"Sure."
"You should be in bed anyway." She ruffed through the little girls hair and grinned from ear to ear.
"Ok!" And so the Wendy scurried up and into her bedroom.

Lucy stood in front of the door, contemplating what she was going to say. She knocked. No answer.
"I'm coming in anyway." She said and opened the door.

Cana was laying on her bed loud music pouring out of her earbuds. She glanced over at Lucy, pressed stop and sat up. She didn't say a word. It was odd. Lucy always felt like Cana had something to say, but in this very moment she understood her silence.

"Look I fucked up." She said bluntly.
"What do you mean?"
"The whole thing with Natsu and you."
"It's none of my business where you are with whom and what you do with or to them."

Those words stung like knives and Lucy sunk to the ground.

"I have feelings too, you know."
"I know. So do I."

As dumb as it may sound, Lucy had never considered Canas view on ANY of this. She was always an afterthought. The person that stood by her side unconditionally only to be thrown away again and again.

Lucy looked up.

"I'm sorry."
"It's ok." Cana smiled.
"No, it's not."
Cana sat silent and smiled as she clawed at the sheets of her bed.

Two clear pearl drops slid down her cheeks.

That was the first time Lucy had ever seen Cana cry. And for the first time Cana seemed... Human.
Not some drunkard.
Not some overly exited sidekick.
A human.

"Don't cry." Cana looked up and saw Lucy sitting right in front of her. "You're way to pretty to cry."
She pressed a kiss onto her lips and electricity coursed through their bodies.
Cana pulled away and looked into the blondes hazel eyes.
"Hey, that's my line." She chuckled and turned off the lights.
"Pfff. Shut up and kiss me you moron." Lucy laughed.
"Hey! Who're you calling a moron?!"
"You!"
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah."
"Then I'll show you."

Cana playfully pulled the girl underneath the covers and showered her with kisses.
Lucy giggled and smiled as Cana prompted herself above her. The stars were gleaming in through the window and reflected in her eyes.

"You alway treat me so nicely."

Cana smiled.

"After all..."

You are my princess.

HELLO MY SWEET FAIRIES! I HAVE DONE THE UPDATING! THIS CHAPTER REVOLVED AROUND CALU AS A TRIBUTE TO THIS PAST MONTH! HAPPY PRIDE EVERYBODY!!!!!!!!

TELL ME WHAT SHOULD HAPPEN NEXT AND DONT FORGET TO CHECK OUT MY OTHER STORIES AND WITH THAT I SAY:

Thanks for reading and I'll write ya soon!

Love, Fairy