Chapter 29:

"What am I gonna do? What am I gonna do? I didn't plan everything. I shouldn't have gotten so sidetracked." Lucy paced back and forth behind the curtain. "I can't do this. What was I thinking? How is this even going to work-"
"Hey," Erza put her hand on the girl's shoulder. "Relax. You've got this."
"Are you sure?" Lucy looked up at her friend.
"Yes."
Lucy sighed. "Fine." She straightened up and grabbed her clipboard from the table. She leaned against it as she began reading through all of her notes for the 6th time. Erza rolled her eyes and took away the clipboard. "I said: You got this." Lucy stared at the velvet curtain. "But what if I don't."
"There is no 'if'. I'm one hundred percent sure that you've got this."
Erza looked down at her wrist and at the time. "You don't have any time to contemplate this anymore anyway."
"What? Why?" Lucy panicked.
"Because I'm leaving and it's time for your grand speech."
"Why are you leaving?"
"I'm one of the referees in the royal round so I can't be at any of the team meetings."
"How am i gonna do this without you?"
"Relax kid," Erza smirked. "As i said, you've got this."
The redhead turned around and grabbed the clipboard. "I'm taking this and giving it to Levi."
"Fine." Lucy nervously ran her hands through her hair.
"Oh and by the way." Erza glanced back. "Don't get sidetracked again."
Lucy looked up, a bit confused. "What do you mean?"
"I mean that i was watching you very closely during the first meeting. You were... How should i put this... Your mind was on Cana and not on the actual plan."
Lucy blushed furiously.
"O-okay. I'll do my best."
"Thank you. And a little advice. Stay away from her."
Now Lucy was just straight up mad and was just about to yell at her friend. "You'll break her heart."

And with that Erza vanished through the back door.

Lucy slumped to the ground and curled up, hugging her knees.

"Why do i have the feeling that she's right." The blonde sighed.

*

"Look Cana, i just want to protect you."
"FROM WHAT? HER?!"
"No. Yes? I don't know. Cana i just don't want you to get hurt-"
"THEN BUTT OUT!"
"Cana please just listen. She's confused!"
"WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!"

Cana looked back at her friend. Tears were streaming down Miras cheeks. "Mira don't cry." The brunettes eyes softened. She felt so guilty. They had always been together. Mira had always been by her side and had a strange way of knowing what was right for her. But this. This. Her. It just all fit so well and felt so right.

Cana pressed her lips into a straight line and stared right into her friends eyes. "Why do you think that I'm going to get hurt?"
"Because," Mira looked at Cana with a pained look in her eyes. "She's going to fall for Natsu."
"Not this again." Cana rolled her eyes. "Cana just listen! It's true!"
"No it's not."
"Cana she's ruining you!"
"What?"
"Ever since you started to get invested in her you've stopped being sarcastic, you've stopped drinking, an-"
"-Is that all i am?! Some stupid Drunkard? A sarcastic sidekick? Seriously Mira?!"
"No of course not!-"
"-THEN WHAT?"
"You used to love these things. You've just lost yourself trying to find her."
"People change. You should know that."

Mira lowered her head. "I can't keep fighting against you. If you don't want my help them I can't force you. Just know that I'm here."
"Thanks." Cana smiled softly as she realized what time it was. "Shit I'm gonna be late."

Cana sprinted to the end of the hall and turned around to wave at her friend with a big smile on her face. "Bye!"

And so she disappeared behind the next corner.

"Bye."

*

"Girls of the Fioree Academy! Two days ago i sent you off to find the weaknesses of your counter-dorms! Now. The rest is simple. Everyone will be assigned to a male player. You will engage in a match and use the weaknesses that you have studied the past two days! If you lose a match report to me immediately so that someone else may be assigned to them. If you win please report to Levy so that she can write down who you are, who you took out and how. After that come to me so that you may be assigned to the next person. This plan should be bulletproof! If we do our best, we WILL win! WE CAN DO THIS! WE ARE GIRLS! I WONT ALLOW US TO LOSE!"

Lucy stepped back from the microphone and all the girls cheered loudly. She smiled a bit as her eyes darted through the mass, searching for the familiar, warm face that comforted her so much. It took a while, but eventually she saw the brunette standing in a corner. Her arms were crossed as she leaned against the wall. She looked so proud. Lucy timidly wove at her, when Cana's smirk vanished and turned into a bright grin as she held up both of her thumbs.

She stepped back to the mike and grinned. "LETS GET STARTED THEN! LETS WIN THIS!"

Sorry my little firefairies! I thought this whole updating thing would be better, but with the new exciting release of pokemon go i had to put some stuff on hold! But I'm not going to play it for a while so I'll be able to concentrate on writing a bit more! Also sorry for the short chapter, but i had to do this, because it'll be more important later on! IM SORRY IM BORING OKAY! DEAL WITH IT! Jk. BUT NO WORRIES MY DARLINGS! It's gonna get wild from now on! So prepare your anus! Jk. I'm feeling a bit funny today, aren't i? XD WELP IMMA GET BACK TO WORK!

And so i leave you for today and say (lol that rhymed):

Thanks for reading! And I'll write you soon!

Love, Fairy