03

so second chapter! again, thanks to vesuvian for being an amazing twinner and for editing my story. because seriously, this sucked balls when it was still unedited.

03- second day of disappearance // mother

"Seventeen-year-old, Giselle Blue, was reported missing yesterday. Nobody knew what happened to her, but the police—"

I turned off the television and put the remote on the coffee table. I didn't watch to watch any of that garbage. I didn't want to believe that my daughter... is lost.

"Mommy? Why is Giselle's name in the telly?"

I looked down at the three-year-old boy looking at me. His eyes were full of wonder, and none of them shares the hurt and burden that I was bringing.

I forced a smile on my face, patting his head lightly. "Giselle will be gone for awhile... okay?" It hurts. It hurts so much.

Tyler walked up to me and sat on my lap. "Who's gonna tell me stories now?" he said, digging his head deeper onto my blouse. I imagined him pouting, and I smile sadly.

"I will," I said reassuringly. "I'll tell you stories, baby. I'll replace Giselle for awhile, is that okay with you?" This isn't my job at all. Giselle told me that she wanted to be the one telling stories. It's my daughter's job.

Something broke inside of me when I thought of Giselle.

She, who is missing.

She, who won't come back.

I didn't realize tears had been streaming on my face, not after my baby boy wiped them away.

"Are you okay, Mommy?" he asked sadly. I nodded and smiled through my tears.

"I'm fine, baby. Just missing Giselle, that's all."

"I miss her too! But as long as you'll be telling me stories, it's fine with me." He hugged me for another time.

"Mommy, until Giselle returns?"

I nodded. "Until Giselle returns."

I'll find her.