10

10 // ninth day of disappearance // bestfriend

"what about her body?" i interrupted.

everybody in the room looked at me. the officer. auntie and uncle. "what?" said the officer.

"you said she probably drowned." i said, the officer nodding for me to continue. "what about her body then? what's gonna happen to her body?" i said. although inside i was scared to ask the question. although inside i really didn't want to hear the answer.

the three of us is looking at him. just hoping. that maybe he can tell us something good. something that can at least, lift off some sadness from us. i know he's already thought about it. what about her body. he probably knows the answer already. he was just probably looking for the right time to tell us. and now i asked the question and he doesn't have an escape. he'll have to tell us now. no more looking for the right time.

answer it now, officer dayton.

he glanced at them for a second. and then finds my eyes and remained in it. the look in it's eye saying, "why did you have to say it now." he opened his mouth. and started saying, "her body," he said.

yes, officer. her body. what about her body. what about my bestfriend's body. giselle's body. answer. please.

"we are working really hard searching in the ocean for her body. but so far, there's nothing. and we're not sure if she really did drown." no she didn't drown. no she's not missing. she was just hiding. she does that all the time. hiding. that's what she does, disappearing all the time and coming back whenever she pleases, not knowing when to step on the brakes.

"but mr. and mrs. blue, we are doing our absolute best to look for your daughter." he looks at me. "for your friend. dead or alive, we will look for her."