06

06 // father 

"we've been asking people about what they might know." the officer said. the bags under his eyes was certain proof that he's not getting enough sleep. "but none of their answers really helped."

we waited.

"but, a few of them did say that they saw her walking to the shore."

the ocean. the ocean again.

ana was crying. and just a little more, i'll be crying too. i want to blame someone. blame someone for my daughter's disappearance. blame someone that we can't do anything to find her when she might be there somewhere being...hurted. but i can't. because there's no one to blame actually. no one, but the ocean.

"you said she always go in there even before? the ocean, i mean." he said. his eyes fixated to anna. she nodded.

he was quiet. and i thought he just didn't know what to say. but as it turns out, he was just afraid to say the next words. he just...didn't want to tell us.

we waited for him to continue. he didn't.

his eyes averted to a different direction and i followed it with my own. the family portrait. he was looking at the family portrait hanging in the wall. we were all laughing in there. we were all so happy. it was christmas that time. we were all happy.

"we cant promise you anything, thats for sure. but we want you to be ready for whatever that we might find out later."

i cry. anna cried harder.

// dedicated to cheesyburgers because his username is so cheesy. //