15

15 // troy

she caught me staring.

we stared at each other, not knowing the words to say, not knowing the actions to be done. she did not know why i was staring at her. she did not know about my feelings for her friend. the silence was all we got. the akwardness was creeping in, but neither of us spoke. maybe my eyes told her the reason.

"why?" she said, speaking finally at last.

the hallways were almost empty, classes were about to start, i waited for her to walk away and leave, but she didn't. i didn't know why that was the first thing she said. she didnt ask for my name, niether did she start yelling because a random guy was staring at her. maybe she knew my reason.

i opened my mouth to say the words, to tell her about giselle, i wanted to know her story, i wanted so much for her to share all the things she know about her. but no words came out.

"giselle...is my bestfriend." she suddenly said. "giselle...protected me from her friend. she took me under her wings and then we were friends. at least that's what i think." and then just like that, i found myself listening to the girl telling her story about the girl i love.

"we did a lot of fun things with her other friends. nadine left her because of me. nadine gave her a choice but she chose me. i used to be alone, you know? i used to be so sad. but then she chose me and i had my first friend. we did so much. so much that it hurts now to be remembered, so much that it makes me cry so much. i didn't expected what happened. but i guess things happens unexpectedly, huh? the memories were too much for me, giselle, she just left me. and now im alone again, now im sad again." a tear trickled down her face as she said the last word. i stared at her the whole time, she said it, finally. 

"you're not alone." i said, staring at her blue orbs. it held in it the sadness and maybe inside her head, the memories of her friend. "i'm with you. she's not yet dead, that's why we'll search for her."

i didnt understand the last words that came out of my mouth, but it felt right. and as i said the words, her mouth formed a little smile and she walked up to me, and hugged me, accepting my offer that we search for the girl who is not really dead, just lost.

"im catherine."

"i know.