08

08 // seventh day of disappearance // the bestfriend

"that's right. although we're not sure yet. it's just the most possible accident that could've happened to her in a situation like that."

i stared at the door. i stared at the flaws of the door. the holes, the scratches. i wasn't supposed to hear that. i can't believe this is happening. and to her of all people. she nicest person i've ever met. even nicer than my mom. 

and she doesn't deserve this. and her family doesn't deserve what they're going through right now. i could hear her mother's crying. i could imagine Tyler sitting at the top of the stairs, eavesdropping to a conversation that would leave him with nothing but questions. I could imagine her father, holding back tears.

finally getting enough strenght, i finally knocked on the door. "it's me, catherine."

uncle edward was the one who opened the door. his eyes weren't red, but they were wet, glistening with tears that he failed to show. "hey, catherine. come on inside."

the smell of sadness and grieving wafted through my nose as i stepped inside. i looked at the living room and saw her mother, the officer. i looked at the top of the stairs and saw a departing pair of legs. the whole house was lonely. the whole house was sad.

aunti smiled at me as she addressed me with a hello, but i could offer her with nothing but my sad stare. my eyes were probably pitying, but i wasnt only pitying them, it was me too.

as i sat on the couch i looked at them. and you could tell everyone had been crying. i wonder if we'll all run out of tears to cry soon.

// im sorry this is crap. dedicated to flowersinhishair  because i mistook her as a guy and that was rude. //