Prologue

Bella's Pov

The world around us has went to shit, and I mean SHIT about 10 years ago zombies took over and with whatever population the world has left all of us started over and hid and we only leave our stations in daylight as the zombies seem to recuperate during the day and before all this I had I good life I had a great house, a happy family it was me, my mum, my dad, my big brother Tyler, my older sister Sky and my little sister Summer and life as always was great.

At the time we all went to school and college as Tyler was 21, Sky was 18, I was 6 and little Summer was only 3 when all the zombies took control of the world but because it is now 10 years later things have changed they have changed so much as it is now only me, my dad, my little sis and my baby bro yes I said baby bro before my mum died she gave birth to Carl and I love him so much.

You ask how my family got so bad I'll tell you my brother Tyler and his friend Jack was out searching for supplies one day and a herd of zombies creeped up on them and I never saw him again after that and if that was bad enough my big sister was out with my mum on night on the grounds of the place we stayed in with a crowd of people and a zombie came out of nowhere and bite my sisters shoulder.

After that all hell broke out my mum fought off and killed the zombie but it was to late for my sister she was bit so my mum brought her back home and we helped Sky as best as we could but nothing worked and she was in so much pain so finally she looked to my dad and asked him to kill her it was the only way as she didn't want to be a zombie and my dad knew it was the right thing so he told mum to take me and Summer out of the room and so she did even though I struggled.

Then after a minute or two the only thing I heard was a gun shot and then I broke down crying and I didn't talk to my dad for weeks after that day and then after another 5 months we found out mum was pregnant with Carl and then 9 months later she gave birth to him and she had complications giving birth and she lost to much blood and she died and as she died we all broke down crying because we all knew what this meant.

After a few minutes dad told me to take little Summer and baby Carl out of the room and so I did I picked up Carl and took Summer's hand and walked them out and as I reached the kitchen I heard a shot and I could here my dad crying after that and right then I knew my mother was dead and little Carl and 3 year old Summer would never have a mother growing up.

So then after that day we left the group and have been on our own ever since as a small family never inviting anyone in to stay with us as dad thought it was a safer option even though I thought it was stupid because no matter who we had living with us family or not we would be found we always were and so we ended up living in a farm just off the highway out of the road hoping no trouble comes our way.

Did you like it. Review and comment