Prologue

You love him.

Green Oak was his name. He was professor Oak's grandson.

There are many reasons why you love him. Heck, you can even probably fill one notebook from front to end just by listing all the reasons. Maybe, it was because of his personality, or his good looks. Sure he was attractive, but it wasn't the main reason behind your unwavering love for the brunette. Perhaps he has that interesting and charming personality that Arceus made uniquely only for him.

Giving the fact that you love him, you are not a stereotypical teenage girl who loves only the outward appearance of someone. The appearance is only a bonus, it's not the winning prize. The jackpot is the true love from your significant other, along with trust and loyalty.

And whatever the reason was, you just simply love him....

"Hey (y/n)! Come on let's go! Classes are starting soon!"

You snapped out of your trance and smiled apologetically at the individual. You glanced at your clock just to see you two were already 2 minutes late.

"Right. Let's go." You said, watching Blue nodded and started heading towards the classroom, which is not that far. You silently follow her, occasionally glancing at anything that caught your attention

And there, you saw him.

You felt your world immediately froze and your heart speed up its pace. You didn't even know if you intentionally slowed your walk or not, well now it doesn't matter because he was there.

And as if sensing your stare, he paused writing something in his notebook and looked at you. Vibrant green optics landed upon your (y/n) ones. His eyes...are very beautiful. It held so much life and confidence. Your eyes are still nothing compared his. You are envious of his eyes.

And yet, even how much you badly wanted to stare at his beautiful eyes forever, you broke the gaze and instead look what's ahead of you. Blue was already far away from you. Considering, she was such an impatient little devil.

Gazing one more time at him, you found him writing again. The stare you two exchanged was most likely more than nothing on his part, but to you, it meant the world. And your heart aches to know that he brushes you off as an insignificant person encountered everyday. You were still an extra character...

And you longed for him to remember you...even if you were a background person.

You unconsciously tug a soft silk of crimson fabric tied on the right side of your hair. If only he could remember....

That this ribbon was from him when you two were childhood friends....