Chapter 34

Thranduil was walking back to the cottage. Or that was his original plan, but he decided to go somewhere else in the forest to hide, to be all by himself. He was confused and relieved at the same time. Confused on where he stood in his relationship with Arieth, but relieved to finally know who she really was, where she came from, and to know who the unknown elleth he was supposed to marry was. The more he thought about it, it kinda felt like he knew it all along that it was her. Or at least hoping. But know that he knew for sure, he had some second thoughts. If she'd been hiding this much information from him for so long, he was wondering how much more she was keeping unsaid.

Arieth sat by the pond. She was unable to move. She was just staring into the water. Watching Thranduil leave was very hard for her. She wanted him to stay, to talk to her, to figure out their future together. She felt silly. Why did she have to keep her background a secret, why didn't she just come clean once she knew who he was. But she really did want him to like her for who she was, without the arranged marriage pressure resting upon his shoulders. She didn't want to enter a loveless marriage, and neither should he, just beause it was the right thing to do. But she knew it wouldn't be loveless; she had sensed his warm feelings towards her, felt his heartbeats, seen the passion in his eyes and felt his lips uniting with hers. She might not have the power to know the future, but juding from the past and present, things were looking bright.

As soon as she had finished her thought about a bright future, her mind darkened. A black shadow was clouding her thoughts, and she felt uneasy all of a sudden. Something wasn't right. Something was very, very wrong.