5. First Night

Saturday, April 9

The next morning Olivia had been hit incredibly hard with the realization that her life had done a complete 360. Every time she looked over at the baby girl, a sense of joy overwhelmed her. Thankful that the baby had made it through this tragedy. But she couldn't help the grief and heartache that tugged at her, when she realized her best friend wouldn't be around to witness the miracle she had made.

Fortunately, Olivia had gotten the support from everyone at the 1-6. Everyone including their other ADA, Casey, who had worked overnight gathering the paperwork Olivia needed to take the baby home this afternoon. It scared her more than anything when the doctor had come in early this morning, and informed her that the baby was more than ready to finally come home.

Home

Her apartment hadn't been anywhere close to being suitable for a baby to sleep tonight. Everything she would ever need was at Alex' place, but she couldn't fathom stepping foot in there. Not this soon.

"Are you going to open your eyes for me baby?" Olivia cooed softly while she changed her diaper. "Baby blues..just like your mother," she bit at her lower lip as she smiled. Trying to avoid anymore tears. Not today.

"Fresh coffee," Elliot had appeared at the door, with a coffee tray in one hand and a Togo bag in the other.

"I thought you were taking Eli to school, and then going to work for a few hours?" He sat the items on the small coffee table, and handed Olivia her coffee. She graciously took it while the baby laid between both her legs on the bed.

"I did but after I dropped him off Captain called and told me to stay and help you for the day," he opened the paper bag and revealed the bagel he had gotten for her. Lightly toasted and buttered. "Not sure if you're hungry, but I got ya a lil somethin."

"I'm not really hungry," she kindly dismissed him, and thankfully he didn't pick an argument with her for not eating. "We're supposed to get discharged around 1.." she tugged at the hat on the baby's head, making sure her ears had been covered.

"What do you think about that?"

"I think I'm scared shitless and have absolutely no idea what to do once we get to my place. I don't even have a crib."

"Don't worry about that. I've got it covered," he said nonchalantly and took a sip from his coffee.

"No El, I don't want you going out of your way for us. Whatever you plan to do stop it right now," he laughed. "What's so funny?" She cocked an eyebrow at him.

"You..I'm not going out of my way, and I'm definitely not going anywhere. Plus it's already been done," he said in a dismissive tone. Letting her know the fight had already been lost. "You think of any names yet?"

"I've been staring at her for the past hour trying to make a decision. Alex had a list she had been going through.." she had made a list of boy and girl names, but had been so indecisive. Only narrowing down to 5 for each a few weeks ago. "I've sorta been leaning more towards Cecilia. As much as she acted like she couldn't settle on a name. I always knew that one was her favorite," Elliot had smiled from ear to ear, showing the smallest bit of his teeth.

"Don't laugh at me. What's wrong with Cecilia?" she had searched for something near her to throw at him. No such luck.

"Nothing. I just never would have thought you'd pick a name like that."

"Yeah well your shit eating grin says otherwise," he came over to stand next to the bed, peering over Cecilia.

"No, I think it's perfect," he placed his index finger in her palm, smiling when she wrapped around it.