10. Close

Thursday, June 27

Was this a dream or reality?

Olivia's mind pondered for a moment, as she watched Elliot burp Cecilia after giving her her last bottle before bed. After working a nearly 12 hour day, he had finally made his way over to Olivia's like he had promised. They had gone almost a week without seeing each other, due to Elliot getting tied up in a case, and she had missed him terribly. So when he had shot her a text this afternoon that captain had given him the weekend off as a reward for all of his hard work over the past few weeks, she nearly melted inside at just the thought of being able to spend her last weekend before to returning to work with him.

Nearly three months in, and it still scared her shitless how much she loved him, how much she needed him. They spent almost every night together at her place, spending late nights in bed entangled within one another, kissing and touching in all the spots that drove each other crazy. Waking up with love bites, and an imprint on her skin from the searing touch of his lips being on her body.

She loved him.

More than she was willing to admit, but she did.

And being able to spend this weekend together only left her wanting more from him than just a few makeout sessions once they got time alone.

"Why is it that she goes down for bed so easily for you?" Olivia finished drying her last dish, and sat next to him with her legs tucked underneath her. She rested her head on his shoulder, watching Cecilia slowly nod off to sleep.

"I have five kids, I'm basically a pro at this," he teased, winking at her.

"We'll see if you say that once she starts teething," she chuckled, kissing his cheek before getting back up. "If you go lay her down, I'll heat up dinner?" she nodded towards the takeout he had brought over with him. She leaned over, giving Cecelia one last kiss, running her hand through the few hints of blonde hair beginning to grow, before returning to the kitchen.

Olivia watched as he disappeared down the hallway, bouncing her lightly as he made his way towards the nursery. It was astounding how easily they had fallen into a comfortable rhythm, spending most nights together, eating dinner, and sometimes even putting Cecilia down for bed together. It was all new for her. Waiting up for a text that he was on his way, or a late night call to say good night because he caught a hard case. And she wouldn't change it for anything.

No more running. No more excuses.

~

"How was work?" they sat on the floor of her living room, eating the mystery cuisine Elliot had picked up on his way over.

"Same old, same old. Shit without you there, but we caught the bastard we've been chasing down for almost two weeks," the corners of her mouth turned, slightly satisfied that he was still miserable at work. It meant he missed her.

"I'll be back next week, can you believe it?"

"I can, and now I get to see you almost all day," he pulled her closer to him, her leg crossing over between his.

"Yeah, but we can't be doing any of this on this job," she pecked his lips, her body instantly warmed by his touch.

"Well then we better do as much of this as we can this weekend before work on Monday," her laugh filled the room, as he tackled her to the ground, careful not to put his entire weight on her. He nestled himself between her legs, placing both hands on either side of her while he peppered her neck with kisses. Elliot knew her tickle spot, just a few inches below her ear, and loving the sound of her laughter.