Fight and Defend

"No, stop!" Sherlock yelled.

Moriarty signaled for the shooter to wait. "I knew it wasn't quite true that you didn't have a heart, and now it has become a weakness. But to be fair, I always did know that anyhow", he smirked.

"What do you want? Let them leave and I'll stay. You don't care about them, you only care about me." Sherlock exclaimed.

"No." I said strictly.

"What? Don't say anything you'll regret. He's dangerous", Sherlock whispered to me.

"I said no. You made me a deal. You said that if I could get them out on time that you would let us all go alive. I made your deadline, now you have to hold up your part of the deal, Moriarty. You claim to be a man of your word and it would be incredibly foolish to keep fighting a lost battle." 

"Alright little girl, I guess I did make you that deal, and since I am, unfortunately, a man of my word, I'll let you go with them. But you should know, as your pathetic uncle here, that there will always be a next time. And a time after that, and a time after that. It will keep happening until you fail, and they will all pay for intervening in my plans, on more than one occasion." Moriarty sneered.

I looked at him seriously. "Thank You", I said with a sarcastic snark and narrowed eyes, then looked at Sherlock.

"You better hurry, since you are technically still here. I'll give you about, ohhhh ten seconds." Moriarty smirked.

John wrapped his arm around Mrs. Hudson and Sherlock followed me as we made our speedy escape. We had done it. We had gotten through Moriarty. I had saved my family and my new friends and it felt good. I felt like I had actually achieved something of importance in my life.

I dug my cell phone from my pocket and dialed a cab to pick us up, for we were obviously too tired to walk all the way back to 221B. I texted my mom and told her how I was going to Sherlock's house because I wanted to know that side of my family. She reluctantly agreed and said that she understood why I would want to know, but she missed me. I promised that I would be home that night, and placed my phone back into my pocket just as the cab pulled up. Now that the excitement was over, I will actually be able to talk with my uncle and find out more about him and my father.