Escaping Korea

"AND I WILL BRING DISTRESS UPON MEN, THAT THEY SHALL WALK LIKE BLIND MEN, BECAUSE THEY HAVE SINNED AGAINST THE LORD: AND THEIR BLOOD SHALL BE POARED OUT AS DUST, AND THEIR FLESH AS THE DUNG."

ZEPHANIAH 1:17

HOERYONG, NORTH KOREA

OCTOBER 26, 2022

"Go, go! Don't stop!" I yelled at Muang, who just froze, staring at the hordes of undead that were shambling after us. "Run, Muang!" I yelled. At this point, I didn't care for anyone anymore. I only cared about me, myself. I have to get out of here alive, no questions asked. Muang turned and started running after me. We had already escaped out of the prison camp, and we were now running through the wooded areas, through the plains. We were completely lost, not knowing where we were going. That didn't matter to us, we were running for our lives.

The living dead were consistent in their task

The living dead were consistent in their task. All they wanted was our brains, and they seemed like they would not give up till they got what they wanted.

Muang started complaining, and that's when I knew he was in lots of trouble. "I'm getting tired..." I don't blame him. Those things were chasing us for about four miles or so, and I was becoming more faint each second.

"Hang in there Muang." I uttered, "you'll be ok, you can do this." I spoke this, despite the reality; I didn't know how much more could his body really take before he completely lost his energy. "God, help us....", Muang started to pray. We ran and ran until I saw a city in the distance.

"Muang, over there!" I pointed towards the city. I was hoping that would give him some sort of hope at least. We've gotta get outta here, this place is going to get overrun by zombies! I started to think Damn, I really hope we find an airport in the city. We really have got to go!

I turned my head sideways, and I saw Muang, about ten feet behind me, just barely out of the flesh eaters' reach. "Muang, damn, run faster, you!" I saw the expression of Muang's face change into a worrying look, "I can't go any further..." I heard him whine.

"C'mon, don't give up now, you have someone to run for!" I said under my breath to Muang, as I thought about my mom.

Then, I heard the sound of something heavy drop to the ground, and looking back, I saw, it was Muang, he had collapsed. He was out of breath, and the undead started pouncing on him, attacking him. "Sarid!" He cried. Everything in my heart was screaming at me, Go back, help Muang!, but my brain's survivor instincts were telling me, Forget Muang, save yourself! Who do I listen to, my brain, or my heart? My survivor instincts prevailed, and I kept running, leaving Muang at the jaws of the zombies. I heard the undead say, "Braaiiiinnnsss..." Then, I heard Muang yelp in pain as the shamblers cracked his skull open with their jaws.