The Great Exodus

"PARENTS WILL EAT THEIR OWN CHILDREN, AND CHILDREN WILL EAT THEIR PARENTS. I WILL PUNISH YOU AND SCATTER TO THE WINDS THE FEW WHO SURVIVE."

-EZEKIEL 5:10

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK-USA

NOVEMBER 13, 2022

"What do you think this thing is?" X was laid over on his La-Z Boy Couch, talking to his CDC lab partner, Lauren, on the phone. She had taken the time and risk to analyze the samples of zombie blood that X had collected, and sent over to the CDC in Atlanta, Georgia.

I, myself, was watching the CNN news channel, and the news reporter was talking about the virus itself. "This thing is going to go airborne soon, if we don't do something about it." Everyone keeps talking about the zombie virus becoming airborne- it's deemed to happen. We're running out of time.

"So you don't recognize this virus at all?" X's words caught my attention, and I turned my head, and faced him. "Ok, so then this could be a Rabies cross hybrid? Is that what you're saying?"

Looking back at the news reporter, "The only way we can save ourselves for now, is to hide, is to camouflage. We've got to learn how to hide from the undead."

X was busy rambling on and on about what this could possibly be. "You know, this could just be some new rage virus." Camouflage. I liked the idea of hiding from the zombies, but I promised X that I would help him find the cure for this thing, I don't think he would be very happy if I changed my mind.

"So, what have they started doing in North Korea because of this?", a young news reporter woman asked another news reporter. "They've actually started pulling out all the teeth of every citizen in North Korea, saying, 'No teeth, no bite.'"

"So, do you have any idea where this epidemic may have started?" X asked.

"Wow, that's a great mantra to start off with! No teeth, no bite! The Koreans actually came up with that?" The calm news reporter chuckled, saying, "Yes, they actually came up with it. Now China is following North Korea's mantra, doing the same thing. Hopefully this tactic will slow the spread of the infection."

X walked over to his desk, and scribbled something down on his notepad. "Wait, wait, wait! You know who patient zero is?!"

"At this point, we don't know the whole story behind patient zero." The news reporter was scanning through the papers that were in her hands. "We have now discovered who patient zero is, but we cannot release his name for respectful purposes. However, according to eyewitnesses, he was last seen in a human state, when he was swimming along the Yangtze River."

My mind started racing. The Yangtze River? That's in China! Patient zero is in China!

X was wrapping up his conversation with Lauren, and X slowly, solemnly said, "So, what do you want me to do? You want me to evacuate? Wait, what? Everyone in the city is evacuating?" I walked out of the living room, into the dining room. My stomach was rumbling. I was starving. I put some frozen boxed pizza into the microwave. Yum, yum.

 Yum, yum