Tis Only the Beginning

"MEN'S HEARTS WILL FAIL THEM FOR FEAR AND FOR LOOKING UPON THOSE THINGS WHICH ARE COMING ON THE EARTH; FOR THE POWERS OF HEAVEN SHALL BE SHAKEN."

LUKE 21:26

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK- USA

OCTOBER 31, 2022

"What is THAT?! What is THAT?!" I heard a feminine voice screaming over the crowd. To tell you the truth, at the moment, I didn't think much about it.

Of course, X and I should be going crazy, trying to find a cure for this zombie virus, but I told X that I had never ridden on a roller coaster in my life, so he wanted me to go on a roller coaster before tomorrow, when we will begin our zombie trek to North Korea. So, with that being said, X took me to Coney Island, and he dared me to ride the so-called "CYCLONE" roller coaster.

We were waiting in line. When I heard the girl screaming, X was busy lecturing me about roller coasters, and the "dangers" of roller coasters. "It's going to be a dizzying few minutes of your life, and you might get nauseated."

I was looking around, trying to locate the girl who had been screaming "What is THAT?! What is THAT?!", and to X, it became apparent, that I simply wasn't listening to him. He impatiently grabbed my head and brought my face towards his. "What's the matter with you?! You can't damn listen to me for a few seconds?!" Surprised, my eyes went wide, and putting my hands up, I exclaimed, "Ok, ok! I'm sorry! Ok?!"

X released his grip on my head, and he continued lecturing me. "Roller coasters are known to make people have the urge to puke, so if I were you, I'd make sure I have these in handy." I looked down as he put some white pills into my hand. "What is it?" I asked cautiously, saying, "I don't do drugs, y'know..." X rolled his eyes, laughing, he said "Chillax pure blood! It's just Dramamine. It helps relieve nausea, that is all."

I stuffed the pills in my pocket as he continued on. "So, when you're on the roller coaster, make sure you hold on to the safety handle, and since you have a fear of heights, you might want to-" "It's getting too loud, it's getting too loud!" I interrupted. X looked at me with bewilderment, and I looked behind us. Of course, there were people behind us, waiting in line, but off to the distance, I could see something like an uproar. I noticed that everyone around us was looking at that direction.

Squinting my eyes, I pointed at that direction saying, "What going on over there?" X answered, "Sarid, I really don't know, but it looks bad, whatever it is

Squinting my eyes, I pointed at that direction saying, "What going on over there?" X answered, "Sarid, I really don't know, but it looks bad, whatever it is." I was about to ask X if we should go check it out, but the people who were in front of us hopped into the roller coaster car. The man in charge of the ride impatiently called out, "Next...", as he motioned for me to go into the car. X followed me into the car, and sat next to me."X, I think it's getting too loud down here..." I started, but X replied, "No time for that kind of talk right now. I just want to give you a last minute advice before this thing starts."