Patient Zero

"A DAY OF DARKNESS AND GLOOMINESS, A DAY OF CLOUDS AND THICK DARKNESS, LIKE THE MORNING CLOUDS SPREAD OVER THE MOUNTAINS. A PEOPLE COME, GREAT AND STRONG, THE LIKE OF WHOM HAS NEVER BEEN; NOR WILL THERE EVER BE ANY SUCH AFTER THEM, EVEN FOR MANY SUCCESSIVE GENERATIONS."

-JOEL 2:2

FENGDU, CHONGQING- CHINA

NOVEMBER 21, 2022

I know this sounds crazy, but even after all I've gone through, especially the plane crash, I still had guts to go to China, and meet patient zero.

Patient zero. The one who started all this damn trouble. Yes, the one who caused this whole zombie outbreak. Fuck you, patient zero. Look what trouble you've put us in.

Ok, I get it. I'm sorry. I guess this isn't a very nice way to address someone, but he's a complete stranger to me. The only thing I know about him, is he's the one who started the zombie outbreak. So what kind of "nice" things should I say about patient zero, when in reality, four billion people lost their lives because of him?

If you think that's bad enough, well, guess what? Patient zero lives in Fengdu! Ok, if you're familiar with China, you might be thinking, Bullcrap! Fengdu?! No way! If you're not familiar with China and it's provinces, you're most likely thinking, Fengdu? What's that?! Personally, I've heard horror stories out of Fengdu since I was a kid.

Fengdu is also known as China's Lost City of Ghosts. Fengdu, according to Chinese mythology, is where the Devil and his angels live.

Before this zombie outbreak, if you asked me if I believed in ghosts, zombies, vampires, werewolves, whatever, I would've ridiculed you with a big fat "no.". Now, if you asked me if I believed in any of these things, I would've said "YES!". I didn't believe in zombies till this outbreak started. I wouldn't be too surprised if ghosts were real as well. I don't even know if there's ghosts and demons and stuff like that flying everywhere in Fengdu. I hope not. Fuck Fengdu!

Not only that, but X couldn't come with me. He's still in a coma from the plane crash, and I'm starting to wonder if he's officially dead. He may never wake up ever again.

"Get up!", a man, named Enrique exclaimed, as he stood over me

"Get up!", a man, named Enrique exclaimed, as he stood over me. I had fallen asleep during the nine hour plane flight to China. I know Rhodri had originally said that we would be traveling in an helicopter, but that idea was quickly dismissed, as we realized more people would be coming than we had expected.

I wearily took the blanket off of my head, and groaned, "Where are we?" A couple of men, annoyed, just ignored me. Drühzehn, one of the adult men, that I quickly became good friends with, grabbed me, and pulled me up. "Sarid, not now! Move! We're in zombie territory."

I did as I was commanded, and I grabbed my handgun, and threw the blanket down on the floor. Drüzehn looked at me, as he gave me some advice saying, "Look at those men.", he started, as he pointed at the armed soldiers, who were busy, loading up their guns, and filling up their bags with bombs.