"I want to save the world."

"ON THAT DAY I WILL STRIKE EVERY HORSE WITH PANIC AND ITS RIDER WITH MADNESS," DECLARES THE LORD "I WILL KEEP A WATCHFUL EYE OVER JUDAH, BUT I WILL BLIND ALL THE HORSES OF THE NATIONS."

ZECHARIAH 12:4

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK- USA

OCTOBER 27, 2022

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to John F. Kennedy International Airport. Local time is 6:37 AM,  and the temperature is 57* F." I slowly opened my eyes as the pilot made his last announcements on the intercom.

We had been on this plane for about eight hours, and as you can guess, I had been lacking sleep for the past few days, so I took advantage of the boring plane flights, and tried to catch up on my sleep. We had to stop at two places, but I wisely stayed in the same plane.

I tapped the man's shoulder who was next to me, and he turned slowly, and looked at me. "Where are we?" He scratched his chin before turning and saying, "We is in Brooklyn." At first, I was confused. "Brooklyn?" The man smirked, and looking out the window, he replied, "Yeah, Brooklyn, the one in New York...the United States." Holy shit! I'm in the USA! I've always wanted to travel to the USA! "Wait, we're in the USA?" I answered excitedly. "Yeah. Pretty much." the black man solemnly answered.

I think it was his solemn mood that quickly wiped off the smile from my face. "Is it safe here?", I asked, concerning the zombies. "Well, the undead isn't in the USA. Not yet. That's why they send us here. It's safe- for now." That wasn't enough assurance for me. It didn't feel safe. Nowhere seems safe anymore when you have a zombie apocalypse starting...especially when the disease is spreading fast...and so are the zombies.

I was about to ask the man if he had any clue where or how the zombie outbreak started, when the Pilot began making more announcements

I was about to ask the man if he had any clue where or how the zombie outbreak started, when the Pilot began making more announcements. "Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please, use caution if you are opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight."

The black dude stood up, gathered his electronic devices, and he said, "Nice meeting you, God bless." I didn't know what to say, so I just replied, "Same for you." He walked away rather quickly, as if he wanted to stay away from me all this time.

I got up, and a twenty-five year old looking man, who was looking for his luggage in the overhead bin, turned around and saw me. "Hey, kid. Who's traveling with you?" I was about to point at the Korean man who had come with me into the plane, but he had already left. I didn't know what to say. I was speechless.

"I didn't know they let kids travel alone..." The man started. "Well, I actually had to escape to the USA." The man looked alarmed. "Escape? From what, where?" I didn't know how to start. "I was in North Korea, and-and-and..." My voice began cracking for fear.