Flight of the Living Dead

"IN THOSE DAYS PEOPLE WILL SEEK DEATH, BUT WILL NOT FIND IT. THEY WILL LONG TO DIE, BUT DEATH WILL FLEE FROM THEM!"

-REVELATION 9:6

JERUSALEM, ISRAEL

NOVEMBER 16, 2022

"There's a way to hide from them, X, you don't believe me, but I'm being serious!" X turned his head to the other direction, looking out the plane window, as he tried to hide his smile. "X, I'm being serious!" X just smirked, then said, "If you're being serious, then prove it." X continued, "I thought we made a deal, Sarid."

I gulped. I knew what the deal was- I was supposed to help him find the cure for this plague, not a way to camouflage. It was obvious, that X wasn't too pleased about where this conversation was headed.

"Sarid, if you promise something, you're obliged to do it." X was obviously right. Even the Jewish Torah says that, and I'm sure X's Bible also says that. You should never make a promise you can't keep.

"I'm sorry X, I really am." Seeing that my apology was sincere, X asked, "How in the world are we supposed to hide from the zombies, Sarid? They're not stupid, you know that."

I knew that. After seeing that they could climb the Jerusalem wall, and overpower the soldiers who had weapons powerful enough to kill them, I wouldn't be too surprised if they somehow learned how to swim as well. Zombies aren't as stupid as we think. When you underestimate something, you're technically risking a lot. In fact, if you think zombies are stupid, it's probably because you, yourself, are stupid.

"X, don't you remember the boy whom you pointed out to me, that the zombies were running around him, and not attacking him?"

It took X a few seconds, and then he nodded his head, saying, "Oh yeah... I do remember that...", then a puzzled look came upon his face, as he continued, "but why didn't the zombies attack him?"

My reply was, "I don't know, X, but we have got to find out how he managed to hide from the zombies."

X nodded his head, and he laid his weary head back, and closed his eyes. I knew he had lacked sleep, because he spent many hours throughout the night, pacing back and forth, worried if he, or anyone, would ever find the cure for this plague before it was too late. I knew he needed sleep, so I just remained quiet.

I think five hours had already slipped away, before I realized that I had to use the bathroom

I think five hours had already slipped away, before I realized that I had to use the bathroom. I was tempted to wake X up, and let him know where I was going, but he looked like he was sleeping so peacefully, that I didn't want to wake him up. I'd never seen him sleep so peacefully before.

Nah, I'll just go, I'll be back in five minutes. I was so sure that he wouldn't wake up while I was in the bathroom, that I stood up, and walked over to the other side of the plane, which was where the bathroom was. It wasn't occupied, so I went into the bathroom.