Zombified Dogs

"THIS SAME PLAGUE WILL STRIKE THE HORSES, MULES, CAMELS, DONKEYS, AND ALL THE OTHER ANIMALS IN THE ENEMY CAMPS."

-ZECHARIAH 14:15

FENGDU, CHONGQING- CHINA

NOVEMBER 22, 2022

"You see Sarid, the zombies have pretty much ravaged the veterinary clinic."

I thought that was extremely odd...the zombies were never really into animals...they were always after the number one thing on their menu. Humans. In fact, I've seen zombies eating themselves, multiple times due to the fact that they couldn't find humans to feast on, but I've never seen one hungry enough to go after a dog, or any other animal.

So when Mr. Yuang told me this, I became troubled, very worried. If they're moving on to animals, then that must mean that they're running out of their number one food choice...humans.

"Wait, so how many humans are left in the world, exactly?" Mr. Yuang was tapping his index finger on the steering wheel, as he drove straight forward. I looked at him, and he knew that I was waiting for an answer, but for some reason, he seemed hesitant to answer.

He turned his head away from me, almost as if he didn't want me to see him crying or something. "Hello...?", I asked, getting annoyed, and fed up with Mr. Yuang. Sighing with grave annoyance, Mr. Yuang furrowed his brows before saying, "Well, Sarid, if telling you will motivate you to find the cure for this thing, then fine."

I looked up at Mr. Yuang patiently, and he continued. "They're saying that the population has dropped drastically. From 7 billion people to 400 million."

My jaw dropped, and my heart sank into my stomach, slid into my leg, fell out of a wound on my knee, and fell onto the floor, shattering into millions of irreparable pieces

My jaw dropped, and my heart sank into my stomach, slid into my leg, fell out of a wound on my knee, and fell onto the floor, shattering into millions of irreparable pieces. Or at least that's what it felt like.

There's no hope for us. There's no hope for us. What's the point of trying anymore? No one can save you on the day you were destined to die.

I sank my head down, and remained quiet for an akward ten minutes, until Mr. Yuang broke the silence by asking, "What's wrong with you? Why are you so quiet?" I shrugged my shoulders, sighing.

"Sarid, tell me what's wrong." Almost as if he was reading my mind, Mr. Yuang lowered his voice, and gave me eye contact saying, "Look Sarid. I know you're stressed out. I know you're worried about the human race becoming extinct, and I get it. I totally get it, but there's no real point in giving up now."

Trying to fight the sudden threat of just giving it all up and crying on the spot, which is so not me in the first place, I bit my lip. I slowly asked, "What do you mean?" Mr. Yuang looked up at the dawning morning sky, as if he were searching for answers.