This is Not The End

"HE WHO ENDURES TO THE END SHALL BE SAVED."
-MATTHEW 24:13

CARDIFF, WALES- UNITED KINGDOM

NOVEMBER 25, 2022

"I'm going to miss you, Sarid. Do you really have to go?"

I looked down at X, trying to sympathize with him. He was laying down in the hospital bed, IVs everywhere, and that was when I truly felt sorry for him. I felt sorry that I had to leave my friend who had been through all this terror with me, but X, you don't know what kind of oath I'm bound to.

I have to help the vampires find the illuminati. My life depends on it.

"Well, you're gonna see me a lot on the news, X. I'm going to get famous for coming up with this theory. If you miss me, watch the news... I'm sure you'll find me on there somewhere." I smiled, trying to reassure him. I was obviously failing. X was not the least bit of comforted.

"What are you going to do in Russia anyway? Why do you have to leave me?", X's lips trembled, and for a second, I thought he was going to cry. "I need you, Sarid."

Giving up, with my patience completely gone, I threw my hands in the air, saying, "I'm gonna find the illuminati, ok? There, I answered your question!"

X's jaw dropped, and his eyes went wide. He spread his hands out and furrowed his brows. "WHAT?! The illuminati?! No, Sarid! That's dangerous! That's as dangerous as me trying to go find the Grim Reaper!"

I rolled my eyes. "Is the Grim Reaper even real?" X countered, "Is the illuminati even real?"

I sighed. "X, I have to go."

Sorrow hit X's eyes, and for a moment, I felt guilty to the point where I wanted to change my mind. "X, I'm going to come back for you, I promise." I ran my hands threw X's hair, making it wild, but who cares? It might make him miss me less.

"Saris Azzariah, the zombie apocalypse has made you mentally ill!" I ignored X's rude remark.

I walked out of X's room feeling sorry for him. But, I will keep my promise. I'm going to come back for X. He needs me, I need him.
We are going to fight through the rest of the war together.

"Bye Sarid, stay safe!", Drüzehn, Enrique, Rosalie, and Rhodri stood at the entrance of the facility, as I walked towards them. "We are going to miss you."

My heart was breaking. Who was I to forsake my friends like this? Some monster?

"I'm going to miss y'all."I muttered under my breath, as I walked towards the helicopter.

Zürich, one of the vampires, walked out of the helicopter, and waved at me. "Sarid!"

I ran towards him, and he hugged me. "How did it go?" I beamed at him. "The theory worked." He laughed, and then nodded, "Come. I want to get to Moscow by nightfall... if that's possible."

I waved at Rhodri, Drüzehn, Enrique, and Rosalie, as they watched me walk into the helicopter.

Only Rhodri and Enrique waved back. Drüzehn and Rosalie seemed upset with my quick departure.
Enrique seemed optimistic, as usual. Rhodri seemed more relieved than anything. Maybe he didn't actually like me. Oh well, I don't care.

As quickly as they arrived, we were gone, leaving the WHO workers looking up at the sky.

For those of you reading this book, this is my story of how I survived the 2022 zombie apocalypse. I have written this book for y'all, so y'all can be ready. There's no stopping the apocalypse from coming. It may not happen right away, it may not happen exactly in 2022 for you guys, it may even start as early as 2018. That doesn't matter if you're ready.

This is not the end, this is only the beginning. There's a huge war ahead of us. I didn't cure the LQP-79 zombie virus, I only managed to find a way to hide. We have only days, weeks, till this virus becomes airborne, and we still have yet to find a cure.

We must learn to fight, we must learn to survive. We must love each other, help each other. Be there for those who you love. Be willing to lay down your life for those whom you love.

We can be prepared for anything. You can be prepared for anything. This is why I have written this book out for you. I want you to be prepared, prepared for the zombie war, World War Z. I want you to survive World War JeruZalem.