Zombie Blood

"FOR SINCE BY MAN DEATH CAME, ALSO BY MAN SHALL THE RESURRECTION OF THE DEAD COME."

-1 CORINTHIANS 15:21

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK-USA

NOVEMBER 2, 2022

We've already been two days into our quarantine, and I'm more than ready to get out. I've spent these two days preparing myself physically and mentally for my fight against the living dead. I've already pretty much recovered from the pain of my bullet wounds, thanks to the painkillers that the doctors have been overdosing me on.

It was my plan to go and fight the zombies today, so the doctors were busy, making sure that I would be in good condition to face some crazed walking corpses, without a gun. It's going to happen. We will face the undead today.

"Jerry, you ready for this?" I asked the man who was the only one in the entire hospital who was brave enough to go with me and battle the droolers. He was a short man, about '5 feet 2 inches tall. I was taller than him by over six inches. Despite his short height, the man was as tough as wood.

In fact, when I told him that he was short, he told me, When you're talking zombies, size don't matter. Strength matters. I actually had to give him credit for his way of thinking.

"Yeah, I'm ready to get me some rotting humans." I watched him as he confidently wrapped tape around the newspapers that he had, wrapped over his arms to protect his arms from the zombies' perilous fangs.

"You nervous?", he asked, with a laugh masking out the seriousness of the question. "No.", I lied. I was obviously shaking in my underwear. How the fuck are we gonna do this?! We don't even have a battle plan! I really had no clue what I was in for. The zombies already had the advantage.

Jerry and I walked down the hallway of the third floor, everyone, from medical professionals, to horrified citizens who had managed to escape the chaos, stood against the walls, clapping, cheering us on

Jerry and I walked down the hallway of the third floor, everyone, from medical professionals, to horrified citizens who had managed to escape the chaos, stood against the walls, clapping, cheering us on. "You can do this!" They cheered. "Let the living take on the dead!" They exclaimed.

When we came to the end of the hall, Dr.Steiner greeted us. He shook our hands, saying, "I will greatly reward you guys, if y'all get my hospital back from the dead." Jerry laughed, "Sure will!"
Jerry was obviously doing this for the reward of it. I don't think he realized that he was putting his life on the line for people who he didn't even know existed three days ago.

We came to the end of the hallway, and Mrs.Stoltz was there, and she ran to see me. "Sarid, I wish you a safe battle with the undead. Here, take this.", she said, as she handed me a steel crowbar. "Break the skull, destroy the brain." I quickly whispered, "Do you know how many infected we're going to have to fight?" She quickly answered, "More than I can count."
To Jerry, she just genuinely smiled, handing him another steel crowbar.