Marked

"...WHO CAN POSSIBLY SURVIVE IT?"

-JOEL 2:11

BEIJING, CHINA

NOVEMBER 23, 2022

I was still considering X'ian's unexplained theory, You can't get sick with two things at once, when Riley, one of the men in the helicopter, who was sitting next to me, whispered, "How's life for you?" I rolled my eyes in agitation.

Who the fuck asks that when you know that life's bad for every damn person?

Trying to express my point, I sarcastically replied, "Great! I love killing zombies, how about you?"

Some men who had overheard my answer, were looking at me with a face that said, what-the-fuck-did-you-just-say?- but of course, I ignored them. It's not their conversation to worry about anyways. I guess I expressed my point pretty well, because Riley just looked at me with wide eyes, then, trying to defend himself, he lifted up his arms innocently saying, "Damn, I was only asking."

I sneered, "Do you have any more bitchy questions to ask me?" Riley wet his lips before saying, "Kid, do me a favor, and just chill out. I was just asking a simple question." I snickered before saying, "And I would not be surprised if your next "simple" question has to do with my underwear size."

Several men nearby bursted out in laughter, and Riley's face turned bright red in humiliation.

A man named Zürich quickly hushed the laughing crowd, lashing out with anger, saying, "IDIOTS! Y'all shouldn't be laughing! Y'all should be talking about finding the cure for this stupid virus! Your lives depend on it, yet you think it's funny to ...

A man named Zürich quickly hushed the laughing crowd, lashing out with anger, saying, "IDIOTS! Y'all shouldn't be laughing! Y'all should be talking about finding the cure for this stupid virus! Your lives depend on it, yet you think it's funny to talk about 'underwear size'?"

He was looking straight at me. His eyes were laser beams, burning holes into my brain. I gulped.

I could tell that Zürich didn't like me, but it didn't take long for me to realize why. He had a Nazi swastika charm that hung on a golden chain around his neck. I sighed, as I realized that he was a Jew hater. Fuck this idiot.

 Fuck this idiot