Chapter 5

It was 6 am and I was still awake, I heard Chloé coming and I faked sleep.

"Maya it's okay I know you are not sleeping" she laughed

My eyes were still shut when I let out a small laugh.

"Spotted"

"Totally" she said

We laughed for a while and then she began
" so today you are going to be free... How does it feels ?"

"Well, I'm a bit scared, my parents are going on their wedding anniversary, I can't be in the same place as Riley, Farkle... Well he's embarrassed of his house..."

"Who's Farkle?" Asked Chloé "you see the one with the bowl haircut and the black jeans, black shirt and black converse, that's him" I laughed at her comment.

"He's cute too"

"When we were little he promised to love both Riley and I the same way"

"Well if it's a promise..."

"Well in that case my father promised me to stay with me but he left when I was around 5 so..."

"What are you trying to say Maya ?"

"I'm saying that even if Farkle promised to love both Riley and I the same I know he has a huuuuge crush on Riley"

"Ahah okay ! And does Riley knows ?"

"Well, since he said he liked us both, yeah. Yeah she knows"

We both laughed

"why are you calling your father by his name ?"

"You talkin' about Shawn ? He's not my father, as I said, my father left when I was younger, Shawn is now married to my mom, I really really love him, he makes my mom and I happy and he's just one of the coolest"

"Is it me or I've already seen this Eric guy ?"

"Oh yeah he's the senator"

"Oh okay, I wasn't talking about that, I think he's the Mayor of Stupid town isn't he ?"

I laughed so hard at this

"Ahahahahahah you literally made my day !!! He's the mayor of St.  Upid town!!"

We both laughed very very hard and very very loudly, I even think we woke up all the seniors that were on the other side of the hospital, even the dead people woke up !

"So.. Where are you going ? Sounds like you are going to Lucas's..." She said with a flirtatious voice

"I guess so, it's okay I mean I've been at his home plenty of time before"

"Why for?"

"Homework"

"Oh I really doubt you do your homework Maya !"

"Then you know me by heart Chloé! Nah he pushed me to his house, and when we were dating I would go to his house too"

"Then it's okay right ?" She asked me

Of course it was okay, I mean I know this house by heart and his family seems to love me, the thing is that I never slept at his house

"Yup it's alright, I'm going to sleep in the same home where the guy who likes me lives... Totally alright" I said, note the sarcasm.

"Listen Maya it's okay, you rather sleep in the same house than him or sleep in the same apartment where you got beaten ?"

"SHUT UP CHLOÉ"

She didn't have the time to respond someone barged into the room.

"LEAVE HER ALONE !"

It was not Lucas, is was Charlie

"I DON'T KNOW YOU !" Chloé yelled

"I'M HER BOYFRIEND !"

Chloé looked at me and I stared at him with hurt and scares eyes

Then someone else came in and put Charlie down

It was Lucas.

"YOU SICK BASTARD !" He shouted right in front of Charlie's face.

"Umm sorry, who are you to Maya ?" He asked with the biggest smirk

He wanted to answer but I cut him off

"He's the one who protects me from a guy named Charlie that beat me for two years"

"I'm her savior bastard" he said to Charlie

Then he pushes him hard against a wall
"Look you are going to leave this place, right after someone helped you to get up, because I'm stronger than a horse and I can do whatever I want of you, now please shut the fuck up because I'm gonna beat you up" he then leaned closer to his ear and whispered something I couldn't hear.

All I saw is Charlie's eyes getting bigger and having a look full of fear, Lucas let him go and Charlie ran away.

"Lucas... What have you done ?"

"Maya, Chloé, he could've hurt you, I'm just doing what's right"

"Lucas, take me home, now"

Chloé stayed silent the whole time, she tried to help me getting up but I glanced a death glare and after that she backed away.

"Here let me help you" he said as he grabbed me by the waist and sat me on the wheelchair, he pushed me all the way to the office to sign some papers and then we went to his car.

"Maya?"

"Yes huckleberry ?"

"I have some good and bad news"

"We don't have a friend's bedroom, but the good new is... Oh wait, there's no good new, you'll have to sleep with me"

"Lucas ?"

"Yes ?"

"This night at the hospital, I had a dream, well, a nightmare"

"If you don't want to tell me that's okay"

"I was locked in a room with Charlie and I screamed your name so you could come and help me, then I turned around and you were there with a small knife, and you stabbed me in the stomach"

"Maya you know I would never do that, I really really like you Maya, I would never, don't worry everything's going to be okay"

I nodded, not knowing what to say

"WAIT A MINUTE.... WHAT ?! I'M GOING TO SLEEP WITH YOU ?!!"