Chapter 10

Maya's POV

I woke up in a bed, Lucas's. My phone was ringing, I turned the alarm off and went back into bed.
Why am I on his bed ? Why not on the couch ?

I know that no one heard my voice for a whole week... But just the thoughts of Charlie and Josh... I'm mentally hurt.
I know that Lucas is not like them, I know he's sweet and caring, that's not the problem, I just can't trust anyone from now, only him and Chloé know about what REALLY happened.

And I also couldn't move and couldn't see anything more than a living room and my knees, my head was buried in them, I couldn't look into someone's eyes without feeling the pain the two horrible guys made me...

I saw my crutch so I took her and walked all the way downstairs, I heard someone in the kitchen, probably Lucas cooking breakfast.

I went to the couch and sat there, I was going to school today, I know I won't talk but I will at least be there and listen to class.

Lucas came in the living room
"Good morning Maya ! Yeah I wanted you to have a great night in a comfy bed so I slept on the couch while you were on my bed" he smiled at me, handing me a plate with strawberries and pancakes.

"I know you like these so there you go, it has an eternity since you hasn't eat strawberries !" He said, still with his big nice goofy smile

"Okay so Maya today you know you are going to school, I know it's going to be hard but you have to, it's for your own sake. We need to make something up like you are sick and you can't talk... You'll have a small black board where you will talk and answer to simple questions.... I just want you to feel safe, and it's a luck that we have the same schedule you know, I think that without this all my plans would go wrong"

"Okay I'm letting you eat, I'll be upstairs you... You just have to be ready in 30 minutes okay ? I'll be downstairs by then"

And then he went upstairs, I quickly eat my breakfast and I chose my clothes, I put them on and did my hair.

I had 5 more minutes so I applied light makeup, this was going to be the first time I go outside after a whole week.

"Okay I'm here, if you are naked it's your fault" he laughed

"Phewwww you are not naked!" He said as he looked at me.

"You look stunning by the way Maya" he said as he was staring at me, I wanted to blush, I wanted to react, but I couldn't.

I grabbed my crutch and went in front of the passenger's door and he opened the door, he helped me to sit on the seat and then closed the door, he went to the other side, get in and started to drive to school.

"This is it, high school Maya" he said as he parked his car, he jumped out his car and opened my door, helping me getting out.

Once in front of the school I took a big look, and I saw two familiar faces.... Kissing.

Riley and Farkle are a thing now ?! I knew they would end up together.

"Let's go Maya, Riley and Farkle are waiting for us, umm... You stay with them while I'm going to the principal's office" Lucas said

We walked to Riley and Farkle, they pulled away and looked at me with glittering eyes.

"PEACHES !"

I didn't reply, please Lucas save me

"Oh hey guys Maya is sick so she really can't talk, she doesn't want you to have what she got"

Thanks Lucas!

Riley was looking at me right in the eyes. She then looked at Lucas with disgust and disappointment in her eyes.

"It's okay Maya, anyways I'm not still mad at you, I love you and I know it was certainly hard to tell you got in a car accident so I forgive you for everything" Riley said.

I looked at my side and Lucas was gone, probably for the office.

I was now alone with Riley and Farkle and I couldn't talk or even look at them directly.

The bell rings and I went into my first class, it was history, every Monday was a new adventure, we had history class for the first period.

I was in the hallways when I saw someone coming over me, it was Charlie.

"Hello Ma-"

I cut him off and I screamed of fear, I blocked  my face with my arm so he couldn't hit me again.

Then Lucas came running, all he did was looking right into Charlie's eyes and Charlie got scared and ran away, Lucas turned around do face me and hugged me tightly, I decided to hug back and to cry on his shoulders, somehow I felt better after. Luckily Riley and Farkle weren't there when it happened so they didn't see anything.

"Good Maya, let your emotions out... It has been a whole week since I hadn't heard your voice but I recognized it all the way from the principal's office" he laughed as he kept hugging me.

"Ooooohhhh" I heard all the girls around, they were probably all jealous Lucas was hugging me, I know he's the most popular guy because he's the best player at all the sports he's doing in this school, every girls loves him for his muscular body and his jock jacket... They are all dummies.

I finally let go and Lucas stayed by my side as we entered our history class, Farkle and Riley were already in class and they stared at Lucas with the same look Riley gave him earlier, same for Mr.Matthews who was the most disappointed in the whole class.

"Maya you are back !" Cory expected an answer

"Dad Maya's sick she can't talk, but it's okay, if she came it's because she feels better about her ankle" Riley said

"Guys do you have your assignment ? I want to collect them all so I will notice what's missing or what needs to change so in the end you'll all have a great note if everything goes as I planned !"

I gave a look at Lucas, he looked at me and smiled, he then showed me some papers, he handed them to Mr.Matthews and then smiled at me again.

"Lucas can I talk to you for a minute ?" Matthews asked, Lucas nodded and follow  Cory on the hallways

Then Riley called me
"Maya do you know that Lucas beats up Charlie AND uncle Josh ? I don't want him to hurt you Maya, he said he has anger problems and that he couldn't control himself"

I looked at Riley, Lucas was good at lying, no Riley, it's because Charlie was beating me for 2 years and that he was the only one to notice ! And then at my date with your bastard of uncle he was beating me too!
But I couldn't say anything to her.

Lucas and Matthews came back, Matthews had a frown on his face so has Lucas, man I don't know what they talked about but sure thing is that the rest of the time we did history class and Lucas didn't say a word.