Chapter 6

"Yes, yes you are" he replied with a big smirk

"I can sleep on a couch you know"

"Too bad I'm not letting you sleep on a couch"

"Oh but there are stairs to go to your room, I can't go on stairs"

"I'll carry you"

I rolled my eyes annoyingly

"You are the most annoying Cowboy"

"I know" he replied with a smirk

Once we were at his home his parents were here, waiting for us to come I guess.

"Hello Maya ! It has been a very long time ! Lucas ! I'm sorry to say that but we are not going for a couple days, we are going for a couple weeks" his mom started

"And it can be a couple months" finished his father

"Okay... Well... I guess I can't say anything about it..." I saw him making a disappointed face, but I know him, he's faking it.

"Oh Lucas you know we can't do anything ! It's a big opportunity to go to California and it will take a long time to process" his mom said

And now I saw a real disappointed face... He was going to turn to me

"YOU ARE LEAVING ?!! TO CALIFORNIA ?!!" I shouted

"Maya... I was going to tell you... I learned it a short time after your coma..."

"How could you ?!" I yelled at him and I rolled to his house and went in the first floor barhroom, I closed the door and began to cry.

He was one of my best friend, he could've tell me, at least trying. He's MY friend he doesn't belongs in California... I know I sound selfish but Lucas is the one who saved me from Charlie's grip... I cried even harder remembering what Charlie did to me.

I heard soft bangs on the door

"I don't want to see you Lucas"

"Maya I can't do anything about it ! Of course I want to stay here for Farkle, Riley, mr Mathews... You... But I can't, I can't because I can't decide for my parents"

"Lucas when you'll be in California, who will protect me ? I'm 18 but that doesn't mean I don't need to be protected"

"Maya I'll be there, whenever something happens to you I'll take a fly to New York and I'll join you, but Maya.. You are the strongest, the fiercest Amazon warrior I've ever known, you are like a mini Topanga and.... And.... And I love you"

He said he loved me, he said the 3 words that cracks me up...

I went to the door and unlocked it, Lucas was there, he had tears all over his face, me either.

He wanted to say something but I grabbed him and pulled him into a hug while I was still on my wheelchair, I hugged him very tightly.
"Okay Maya I can't breathe" he said, I laughed and let go.

"Let's go eat lunch!" He said as he grabbed the wheelchair and pushed me all the way to the kitchen.

"What do you wanna eat ?" He asked me as he put an apron around his waist.

"Something that doesn't tastes like hospital's food"

He laughed "can't promise"

"Trust me you will huckleberry"

We both laughed

"Omelette with salad is good ?"

"Perfect Hopalong"

"Will you please, stop with the nicknames" he playfully rolled his eyes

"Okay if you want..." I said, faking a disappointment

"Wait... Seriously ?!"

"You really think I was serious ?"

Then we both laughed, we were joking around as he was cooking, once it was ready he set the table and he lifted me to the chair so I could eat properly.

We ate and talked the whole time and we laughed a lot.

Once we finished he cleared up the table and washed the dishes, he lifted me up once again to place me on the wheelchair.

"Where you wanna go ?"

"The couch please"

He lifted me to the couch and he gave me the remote, he sat next to me and he put some pillows under my feet.

"Lucas I have something to tell you..."

"What is it ?" He asked surprisingly

"I'm going on a date with Josh"

"When ?" He sounded disappointed

"Tonight" I said

"Oh... Well, have fun at your date"

he stood up and walked away

"Sundance wait !"

"What ?" He turned around

"You kept the remote" I held my laughter

He was surprised at first and then he walked up to me, we stared at each other for a while and then we all bursted out laughing.

"I can't stay mad at you Maya"

"Actually you stayed 16 seconds, it's a record" I said

He laughed
"Wow ! Longer than the time I rode tombstone the bull !"

I laughed too, he sat on the couch next to me and I rested my head on his shoulder, I was slowly falling asleep.

Hours passed by and Lucas and I were staring at each other, we both leaned in and we were inches apart when I received a text message.
Josh texted me.

From: Joshaya is endgame
I'm in front of your house, ready ?

To: Joshaya is endgame
I'm staying at Lucas the whole time my parent's are at their wedding anniversary

From: Joshaya is endgame
Okay I'll be there in 10 minutes

"I guess I'll be talking to you after" he said as he got up, he carried me all the way upstairs where some of my clothes were, he left the room and I got dressed, no application of makeup, no special hair form and a small touch of perfume, I call Lucas to help me getting downstairs and he did, he placed me on my wheelchair and then the doorbell rang.

I rolled to the door and opened it, he stood there with a big smile on his face, I found it weird but I guess he was just being cute.

"Hello Josh, where are you guys going ?" Lucas asked

"None of your business Lucas" Josh replied

"It is when Maya is sleeping at my house, I need to know where she's going since I'm responsible of her"

"Okay Lucas we are going to my college dorm if that helps you feeling more responsible" then Josh looked back at me and smiled very but I mean VERY awkwardly.

He came behind me and pushed me to his car, he helped me getting in it and he puts the wheelchair in the backseats.

"Ready for our little date Maya ?" He said with a weird smirk

"Of course" I said, shyly.