Chapter 9

It has been one week since Maya hasn't talk, she didn't get closer to me... I don't know what to do anymore, I just know that I'm not giving up, not now.

Today was the day she was going to walk, she will have a crutch when she would need to but in general she would walk AND finally go to school, it has been a week since I hadn't talk to Riley, Farkle and even Zay, I really haven't talked to anyone and I'm pretty sure the Matthews are mad.

I decided to call Chloé since she was a nurse she knew what to do.

L- hello Chloé
C-umm... Who's that ?
L- it's Lucas, Maya's friend
C-oh hey Lucas! Why are you calling me ?
L-today is the day Maya has to walk with crutches and I think you are the best choice to help her
C-how she's been doing ?
L-I would rather talking to you in person about that, is that okay ?
C-well yeah of course ! Where do you live ? I'm coming 
L- *tells the address* do you know where it is?
C-it's just next to my neighborhood ! I'm coming in around 30 minutes is that okay ?
L-perfect see ya
C-see ya

I went back to Maya who was still on her position with her knees at her face.

"Hey Maya I just called Chloé and she's coming to help you to walk with crutches, I totally believe in you and I know you can do it"

I learned to stop looking for an answer now, I know that it's like talking to a wall but I totally understand her.

I walked over to my room where I get a shower, then I put on my boxers and some black shorts, I was searching for a shirt but I couldn't find any of them. And then I remembered... I didn't take care of all the laundry so all my shirts were not able to be used, plus I do my sports everyday so they are all sweaty... I decided not to put a shirt on, I guess ire okay.

We could see the hem of my boxers up my shorts, I went downstairs and I saw Maya, I waved at her and went into the kitchen where I got a water glass and I gave Maya one too, she drank it and handed it to me, I went to the kitchen and put both of the glasses on the sink.

I heard the doorbell ring and I went to the door, I opened it and Chloé was there.

"Hi Lucas" she said

"Hi Chloé ! How are you ?"

"I'm fine, you ?"

"I'm fine too, come in"

The whole time she was staring at my abs, it was very awkward.

"Hey Maya !" She said as she came closer to her, attempting a hug. Maya didn't move and didn't even look at her.

"Chloé can we talk in some private place please ?"

"Oh yeah totally" she answered, she followed me to the kitchen

"So you probably see Maya's change"

"Yes. What happened ?"

"Remember that Josh guy ? At that date they went to he beat her with a belt, hard. Luckily I ran to her and beat him up, like, hard. I don't even know if he's alive or not, all I know is that I hurt him really badly... Ever since she went back here after that terrible night with Josh she hasn't talk to anyone, she hasn't been to school and she hasn't move from the position you saw just before"

"Oh my.... That's terrible.... Why her ?"

"Because she's the most beautiful person in this world..."

"You are way to cheesy with her  Lucas!"

We then came back to the living room where Maya was

"So Maya I got the crutches you need and I'll help you to stand up, then you'll learn how to walk with crutches" Chloé said

I went next to Maya to help her stand up from me couch, I was holding her by her arm and I was pulling her up, she was not in one feel and I felt her leg being weak to I took the crutches and quickly put them under her arms.

But it didn't help her and she almost fell, I said almost because I caught her right before she fells and got hurt again. She stood up and walked away with her crutches, she then tried with one crutch and she walked with, I saw it was easier with only one crutch. All the time we were encouraging her to walk.

Then she went to me and Chloe,
" hey Maya ! You did really great !" Chloé said, she then looked at her clock
"Hey it's getting late I better go home, bye guys ! And good job again Maya !" She said as she closed the front door.

"Maya you did it perfectly ! I knew I was right by believing in you ! I'm going to make dinner... Oh wait, why not getting a pizza? I know you love them so why not ?"

"Yeah okay I'm going to order pizza, I know which one you want, pepperoni and cheese ! Plus we can always watch a tv show... I know you haven't seen Orange Is The New Black in a long time, I have all the episodes you missed !"

Maya kept on walking with one crutch, she was probably training.

I ordered the pizza as Maya was waking upstairs, she went into the shower.

I then played the episodes of OINTB, making sure they were all here. The pizza was there and Maya came downstairs, she had some red shorts and a black oversized hoodie.... Wait a minute... It's mine !

"Ahemmm.... My hoodie"

"Nah I'm kidding you can wear everything you want that's mine" I laughed

I finally opened the door and paid the pizza guy, I went into the living room and put the pizza on the table, we both ate two slices each while watching OINTB, then Maya came closer to me and put her head on my shoulder, then in the crook of my neck, and we watched OINTB like that the whole night. She also fell asleep after the 4th episode so I took her bridal style to my room, I covered her with my cover and then I went downstairs to sleep on the couch.