Twenty Three

"Breathe Lauren, you can do this" the green eyed girl whispered to herself as she pulled the rearview mirror on her car towards her to check her makeup. Once she was 100% sure her appearance was immaculate, she grabbed the object occupying the passenger seat and started to make her way up Camila's driveway.

After knocking on her door, Lauren released a deep breath and waited for Camila to appear in front of her. When she noticed the door opening she kept her gaze fixed on the ground and held the bouquet of roses in front of her.

"Hey, I got you these bu-" she stopped talking when she finally looked at the person who stood in front of her to find that it definitely wasn't Camila.

"I'm sinu, you must be Camila's friend" the older woman smiled and opened the door wide for Lauren to walk in.

Lauren blushed and introduced herself. The woman who she assumed to be Camila's mom gave her a knowing smirk when she caught sight of the roses in her hand, if she didn't know Camila and her were going on a date before she sure as hell knew now.

"Camila's just in her room getting dressed, she'll be down in a few minutes"

Lauren decided that if she was going to be seeing Sinu a lot from that moment, she may as well make a good impression.

"I love your hair, Mrs Cabello, is that your natural color?" Lauren asked, pretending to be more interested in the older woman's hair than she actually was.

"Actually yes it is my natural color" Sinu smiled confidently and plumped her hair with her hand "thank you for noticing."

"No problem, you also have a beautiful home." Lauren was getting the hang of this complement thing, "a beautiful home for a beautiful mom"

"Lauren honey, you don't need to flatter me. I can already tell that you're a nice girl." Sinu laughed a little at the girl's effort to impress her.

Okay, Lauren thought, maybe she could've been a little more subtle with the compliments.

Lauren was about to apologize for her forwardness when she saw someone walking down the stairs from the corner of her eye. Lauren's breath instantly caught in her throat as she looked at Camila. She had a short sleeved white shirt on accompanied with a very short checkered skirt and some dark tights, with a SnapBack and an abundance of bracelets.

"You look....wow" Lauren blurted as she looked Camila up and down. She suddenly remembered the flowers in her hand and handed them to Camila.

"These are for you, I wanted to get you something but now I'm thinking roses are a little cheesy. Oh god I didn't even ask if you have allergies, I'm jus-"

"Lauren," Camila giggled "they're perfect, you're perfect."

Lauren smiled widely at Camila and looked to the ground with a dark blush on her face, "you're kinda perfect too." She muttered and then mentally slapped herself when she heard how dumb it sounded.

Instead of laughing at Lauren's stupidity like the older girl assumed Camila would do, Camila gave her a warm smile and intertwined their fingers.

"Shall we?" The brown eyed girl asked.

"We shall." Lauren smiled for what seemed like the 100th time in the past 10 minutes and headed towards the door with Camila.

As they were leaving, they caught sight of Camila's mom, who seemed to have just witnessed the entire scene between the two girls.

Sinu gave Camila a hug and whispered in her ear.

"Don't let this one get away."

"I won't mamí." Camila whispered before pulling back and looking at Lauren, "I won't"

A/N: ok but Sinu is the #1 Camren shipper, don't fight me on this. Also the pic at the start of the chapter is what both of them are wearing for the date <3333