Thirty Six

Camila nervously shifted from foot to foot as she stood outside Lauren's door, trying to build up the courage to knock. She internally snorted at her irrational nervousness, she'd met Mike and Clara countless times before, why was her heart pounding so hard?

She knew the answer, though. She'd met Mike and Clara countless times before as Lauren's friend. Now, however, she'd be introducing herself as Lauren's girlfriend.

Is that how she'd introduce herself? How about "hey! I'm the girl who gives your daughter orgasms!" Or "howdy! I'm the sleeve Lauren wipes her tears on when we watch Marley & Me" instead. Camila shook her head to banish her ridiculous internal monologue, she'll just stick with "Lauren's girlfriend."

A smile crept onto Camila's face and a slight pink tint arose to her cheeks, Lauren's girlfriend. Yeah, she wasn't getting used to that any time soon.

Her knuckles finally met the wood of Lauren's brown front door and she let out a sigh and waited patiently for someone to open it.

"Camz! You took your time." Lauren's warm toothless smile invaded Camila's senses as she was pulled into a hug by her girlfriend, pecking her lips as she pulled away.

"Sorry! I wanted to make a good impression on your parents," Camila grinned and held the bottom of her dress with both hands and spun around dramatically "how did I do? Do I look like daughter's girlfriend material?"

Lauren tilted her head back and laughed loudly, "you definitely do! Although you know my parents already adore you, right?" Lauren stood back from the doorway and held her hand out for Camila.

"Hey, you can never be too prepared." Camila grabbed Lauren's outstretched hand and followed her into her living room. Lauren took a seat on the large suede love seat, and Camila made a move to sit beside her but Lauren grabbed her waist and pulled her down onto her lap before she could do so, causing the two girls to become one big giggling mess.

The two girls' giggling gradually began to calm down, and they both just rested their foreheads against one another with soft smiles on their faces. Camila's gaze moved down from Lauren's eyes to settle on her lips, and Lauren took that as her cue to lean in and gently capture Camila's lips in her own. They kissed slowly and passionately for what felt like hours to both of them, but in reality was only a few moments.

Clara leaned into her husband and smiled fondly as they stood in the doorway and watched the couple's interaction.

"Our little girl is in love, Mike," She looked up at him with bright eyes, "I never thought I'd see the day." She chuckled.

"Me neither, but maybe we should stop them before this turns PG13." Mike laughed and quickly averted his eyes as he noticed his daughter's hands beginning to roam.

"You have a point," Clara stepped closer to Camila and Lauren and cleared her throat, "girls! dinner is ready." She sniggered at their flushed faces and guilty smiles before retreating to the dining room and sitting down at the table beside Mike.

Camila and Lauren arrived a few moments later and took their seats beside one another in front of Lauren's parents. Camila offered them a sheepish smile.

"That wasn't exactly the best first impression, was it?" Camila giggled nervously.

"Oh, believe me Camila we've had worse," Mike cringed and looked at Clara, "the Jauregui's seem to have a streak of dating assholes. Pardon my French."

Camila laughed loudly and rested her hand on Lauren's on top of the table, "well if it counts for anything, I don't think I'm much of an asshole."