Chapter 12

Y/N POV:
"Okay class today I will be assigning partners for the baby project. And it's going to be luck of the draw. I'll put in the names of half of the class in dress hat" she said while taking of Andrews hat because there was a no hat policy on school. "Then the other half will pick a name out of it. Sound easy enough" she said to which the class respond with a yes. "Okay so mister Mahone do us the favor of picking the first name she said and placed the hat in front of him.

He reached into it and pulled out a name. "Who did you get" mrs jones asked. "Y/N" Dallas said. "Mister Lopez you'll be partners with Austin is that okay with you" she asked. "Actually-" I started to say when she interrupted me. "Good because you wouldn't have had a say in it. I forgot I mention there is no switching partners who ever you get will be the other parent of your child for a week" she said. I just seen everybody holding back a laugh as I got up to sit by Dallas. She handed us a baby and then continued to pick partners for the baby.

After a while of us arguing on how it's going to work I gave up trying to reason with him. "I'm not gonna do this. It's just weird so your gonna do the project and I'll just take the grade" Dallas said then walked away. I decided I would name her Emily. I've always liked that name. I finished filling out her 'birth certificate' and took it up to mrs jones and she handed me the baby. The baby started crying and i got to work. I carried her while I looked through the diaper bag for her bottle.

As I was feeding her I looked across the room all I seen was pairs of teenage boys trying to take care of a baby. And pairs of girls taking perfect care of a baby. I'm pretty sure mrs jones did this on purpose. The bell rang and i was walking towards the cafeteria when I seen Austin sitting by himself outside. "Hey Austin" I said. "Hey Y/N" he said with a smile. "What are you doing out here it's like 95 degrees" I said. "There were no tables inside" he said taking a bite of his sandwich. "You can come sit with us. I'm sure they won't mind" I said. He was hesitant at first but got up.

"You have the baby class" he stated more than asked. "It wasn't my first choice but it was the only class with room. And your brothers my partner" I said walking towards the door. "So you chose to do it by yourself" he said realizing I was alone. "Basically he said he's not going to help so I talked to mrs jones and she's okay with it" I told him. "That sounds like him but hey now he's forced to do it himself" he said laughing as we walked into the cafeteria.

"Hey I hope you don't mind I invited Austin to sit with us" I said. Dinah and Normani just bursted out laughing. "Don't laugh it's just a baby" I said and they kept laughing. "Were sorry it's ju-just you taking care of a baby" Normani said. "I think it's cool he gets to know what it's like to take care of a child" Danny said. "Thanks Danny" i said. "No problem" he responded and went back to eating.

We sat down and waited for the rest of the group to get to the table. "Hey. Ariana's going to be eating with us" Camila said when she got to the table with her partner Ariana. This should be great. Hey's and hi's were said to her as they sat down.

"Hey Y/N I didn't know you sat here" she said sitting next to me. "Yeah I do. So your partners with Camila" I said carrying Emily because she was crying. "Yeah Austin's your partner" she asked. "Oh no Dallas was but he's not anymore and I just invited Austin to sit with us" I said. "Do you need help" she asked as she seen me trying to eat while feeding the baby. "No it's okay I don't want to be a bother" I said dropping my fork. "It's totally fine I got it" she said and took the doll out of my hands while I finished eating.

Camila's POV:
"Okay first things first I'd like to apologize for the last time we spoke I shouldn't have said that he's not property and I'm sorry" Ariana said. "Apology accepted" I said. "And don't worry I know there's something between you two. I can see it when he looks at you. That's besides the point we should work out on how to take care of the baby" she said. "Sure we have to fill out the birth certificate. Let's start with a name" I said.